AroCell AB 2.0 - mainettaan parempi

Looks as if the longtime AroCell coworker Filip Fogdestam has been appointed to CEO of Alertix Veterinary Diagnostics AB during 2022. Congratulations!

Former Alertix CEO and board member Bengt Åstrand apparently left Alertix during February 2022, according to decision on Alertix extra board meeting (latest annual report, 2021/12). Apparently the company now have changed official adress from Kalmar to Djurhamn (Stockholm region).

The TK1-science and research delivered by Alertix in dogs is very interesting, and probably most often relevant also in an AroCell-context, as dogs and humans share similar environment, food and lifestyle habits.

2 tykkäystä

The Diasorin TK-patents have now expired, and both links below display the status “Expired - Lifetime”.

https://patents.google.com/patent/EP1385005B1/en
https://patents.google.com/patent/DE60217665T2/en

So… from now on AroCell, Roche or anybody can use this underlying theoretical framework and create and implement a similar TK-activity assay, such as the Diasorin TK-LIAISON?!

3 tykkäystä

AROCELL AB (PUBL) OSAVUOSIKATSAUS 1.1.-30.6.2022

1. elokuuta 2022

TOIMITUSJOHTAJAN SANA “Voin ilokseni todeta, että hyvä myynnin kehitys jatkui toisen vuosineljänneksen aikana molemmilla onkologian ja bakteriologian pääsegmenteillämme. Myös jatkossa tilauskertymä näyttää erittäin hyvältä. On erittäin ilahduttavaa nähdä työmme kantavan hedelmää. Olemme vuosineljänneksen aikana validoineet uuden lukijan virtsarakon syöpätestimme ja aloittaneet myös keskustelut Attana AB:n kanssa heidän kulutustarvikkeiden tuotannon hallinnasta tuotantolaitoksessamme.” Anders Hultman, toimitusjohtaja Yhteenveto kaudesta 1. huhtikuuta - 30. kesäkuuta · Liikevaihto oli 6 349 (30) tuhatta kruunua. · Tulos rahoituserien jälkeen oli -16 016 (-6 727) KSEK. · Kauden juoksevan liiketoiminnan rahavirta oli -1 397 (-5 185) KSEK

6 tykkäystä

Yllättävä kurssi reaktio osariin.

Rahavirta on saatu reilusti parempaan suuntaan ja kassa kunnossa.:rage:

3 tykkäystä

At first glance the result SEK -16,016 thousand for the period April - June seems almost catastrophic.
But when counting in goodwill amortization of SEK 9,895 thousand as one-time costs, then the result is very much in the normal range (-6,121 thousand when subtracting the goodwill amortization).

Not at all bad for the joint company, quite good actually???! If we now can have some good news ahead, for example related to FDA, than the situation will be much better the next reporting period (July - Sept).

“Results after financial costs for the period April - June amounted to SEK -16,016 thousand (SEK -6,727 thousand). Included in the amount goodwill amortization of SEK 9,895 thousand (SEK 0 thousand).”

6 tykkäystä

Kyllä, suunta on oikea ja hyvin on saatu yhteisyrityksen kulut sopeutettua.

FDA olisi kyllä iso +++

Mutta, odotan myös Attanan kanssa tulevaa sopimusvalmistusta ++

2 tykkäystä

Redeye returns with a more detailed take on the Q2 report and notes lower costs than expected and anticipate a continuous upswing of TUBEX sales while lowering FY 2022E sales somewhat. We reiterate our fair value range.

Follow companies at Redeye to receive the latest equity research within Life Science and Technology.

This is a press release from Redeye - Research Powered Investment Banking. https://www.redeye.se/

Attachments

3 tykkäystä

Very interesting update from Biovica on the FDA clearence. Especially the technical information from Henrik Winther on the FDA labeling of DiviTum seems to be very important.

My amateur takes:

1. FDA has, as I understand, cleared DiviTum based on a strong Negative Predictive Value (NPV).
    This is very interesting and may have an impact on AroCells coming TK1 submission(s).

2. DiviTum is FDA cleared for repetitive testing but NOT for serial testing (Henrik Winther explains this). This is also very interesting. As DiviTum is NOT for serial testing, the assay use a fixed cut-off value based on the cut-off value in the general healthy population. As I understand Henrik Winther, this cut-off value is 2,50 dU (DiviTum units) and, as I understand, below this value the patient is defined as within the normal range and with no progression of the metastatic cancer disease.

It will now be extremely interesting to see how this will affect AroCells approach to FDA. So far, as I understand, the AroCell approach have been largely oriented towards individual cut-offs - that is serial testing were two tests in a row determines the individual cut-off.

Also Roche, if still interested in TK1, will probably look very carefully on the FDA-clearence of DiviTum.
A speculation is that similarities and differencies in the methodology as compared to standard protocols within blood malignancies may be of interest for Roche to observe.

As an amateur I am i bit confused that FDA could accept the 510k pathway for DiviTum - given that the predicate device (a cytokeratin kit) seems to differ significantly from DiviTum in many aspects.

Also confusing (in my amateur-mind) is the fact that there were NO predicate device possible for AroCells TK 210 ELISA. As the cytokeratin-kit surprisingly supported DiviTum as a predicate device, I am surprised that a similar situation was not applicable visavi the AroCell TK 210 ELISA. Yes, I know of course that the “intended use” was a critical factor in the case of TK 210… but still - everything worked, surprisingly, towards DiviTum ??

It will be very interesting to see what AroCells team of experts makes of all this. Anders Hultman seems to be very positive, and that is of course a good indication on how the internal discussions progress.

4 tykkäystä

IDL:n hankkiminen näyttää hyvältä. Ja yhteisyritys käänne-yhtiöltä.

Tulos ei pettymys, huomioituna liikearvon poistot kertaluontoisina kuluina.

Rahavirran kehitys hyvä, kulut saatu hyvin sopeutettua

Lyhyen tähtähtäimellä hyviä uutisia:
Sopimusvalmistuksen aloitus yhteistyössä Attanan kanssa. Tietoa FDA luvasta, tai etenemisestä siihen liittyen.

Käyvän arvon vaihteluväli:
Bear 0,8€/osake
Neutraali 2,3€/osake
Bull 3,8€/osake

Kopioitu Redeyen rapsasta:

Q2 2022: Good cost control, somewhat lower sales
Redeye returns with a more detailed take on the Q2 report and notes lower costs than
expected and anticipate a continuous upswing of TUBEX sales while lowering FY 2022E
sales somewhat. We reiterate our fair value range.
Lower sales and lower costs
Net sales reached SEK 6.3m, some 22% below REe of SEK 8.1m, with gross margins of
35% rather than our estimated 50%. On OPEX, we continue seeing AroCell coming in lower
than expected (29% below REe). While sales came in lower than our expectations, we
emphasize the relatively small absolute figures and note that AroCell emphasizes its order
intake in the report.
Estimate changes FY 2022E
We have decreased our FY 2022E sales from SEK 33m to SEK 30m and OPEX from SEK
39.6m to SEK 33.6m, positively impacting our operating result estimates by SEK 3.5m. We
have left our estimates for the coming years untouched.
Fair value range
We reiterate our fair value range, consisting of a SEK 2.3 Base Case, a SEK 3.8 and SEK
0.8 Bull and Bear Case. At this stage, the cheapness of the stock is a key trigger in itself,
and we believe investors will begin to realize this once guarantors from the rights issue
have dropped out of the stock.

5 tykkäystä

Here is a recent study from Ghana on typhoid fever which confirms that rapid tests are very important in real-world conditions such as in Ghana, Africa (even though specifically Tubex was not participating in this study).

From the abstract:

“Conclusion: under real-world conditions where patients usually present without typical symptoms such as high temperatures probably after prior antibiotic use, cultures and PCR perform poorly. There is therefore a need for further studies aimed at improving the yields of these important diagnostic tests in such settings.”

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/362236178_A_Comparative_Study_of_the_Performance_of_Typhoid_Diagnostic_Tests_among_Suspected_Patients_at_the_University_of_Cape_Coast_Hospital_Ghana

2 tykkäystä

Arocellillä uutta jakelusopparia Intiaan UBC® Rapid osalta.

AroCell continues to expand globally with new distributors. Today, the company has signed a distribution agreement with Hospimedica covering India for the sale of UBC® Rapid.

Hospimedica International Ltd is an Indian company with long experience in the market, covering the entire country through more than ten local sales offices in different regions. The company also represents a plethora of companies from Europe, US, and Asia and already has several products in urology, which makes them well suited to launch UBC® Rapid in the Indian market.

UBC® Rapid is a rapid test intended for detecting bladder cancer, especially in high-risk patients, and monitoring and follow-up after initial diagnosis. The test is clinically documented and is already used today in routine healthcare, for example in Germany.

“We look forward to this new collaboration with Hospimedica for the distribution and marketing of UBC® Rapid in India,” says Gunnar Wahlberg, Business Area Manager at AroCell. “We are continuously working to expand into new markets, and India is very exciting for us. Now the first stage of the registration process for approval in India begins”.

Contacts

Anders Hultman, CEO

Phone: +46(0)18 50 30 20

E-mail: anders.hultman@arocell.com

About AroCell

AroCell AB (publ) is a Swedish company that develops and markets blood and urine sample tests. The corporation specializes in oncology and bacteriology. The company has a broad product portfolio, used in healthcare, and established in various markets. In oncology, AroCell uses various biomarkers, TK1, and cytokeratins, to support the treatment of various cancers such as breast, prostate, and bladder cancers. AroCell’s product portfolio also includes a rapid bacteriological test for a simple and safe diagnosis of typhoid fever. AroCell (AROC) is listed on Nasdaq First North Growth Market with Redeye AB as company’s Certified Adviser. For more information; Arocell | Saving lives with diagnostics

Attachments

https://storage.mfn.se/564f3074-59ad-4c2b-8673-8fba1e44f4c4/arocell-signs-distributor-agreement-in-india.pdf

MFN.se > AroCell > AroCell signs distributor agreement in India

https://storage.mfn.se/564f3074-59ad-4c2b-8673-8fba1e44f4c4/arocell-signs-distributor-agreement-in-india.pdf

11 tykkäystä

In 2019 AroCell announced a collaboration with Dana Farber to evaluate sTK1p in CDK4/6-inhibitors.
This is almost 3 years ago, and so far no results have been communicated by AroCell. Due to this lack of communication there is a nagging worry that AroCells serum TK1 concentration does not perform as well as Biovicas serum TK1 activity in relation to CDK4/6 inhibitors.

Source: AroCell enters collaboration with Dana Farber in CDK4/6 inhibitors (2019):

As an investor interested in AroCell I think it would be highly valuable to receive a proper clarification on this subject - whether sTK1 concentration performs similar to sTK1 activity in relation to CDK4/6 inhibitors. And as AroCell do not communicate on the collaboration with Dana Farber, it was somewhat reassuring to find this article from SSTK Biotech (published June 2022) which describes the benefites of measuring TK1 in serum in relation to Palbociclib (a CDK4/6 inhibitor drug).

Source (published by SSTK Biotech 2022-06-10):

My take:

The article from SSTK Biotech refers to science delivered by serum TK1 activity (Biovicas DiviTum).
But - SSTK Biotech chose to describe these specific TK1 results as a general feature of serum TK1 (that is, no distinction between activity and concentration in the context of CDK4/6-inhibitors).

And - as SSTK Biotech is a company totally committed to serum TK1 concentration, the overall implication could be that also serum TK1 concentration, as well as TK activity, is highly relevant in relation to CDK4/6-inhibitors. Why else should SSTK Biotech highlight these TK1-results in June 2022 - if they where not relevant to the company?

And, why is AroCell not more aggressive in the very important area of CDK4/6-inhibitors? I think this is one of the more puzzling questions when looking back historically.

Ok - if there is an ongoing “behind-the-scenes” collaboration with Biovica, then all is understandable.

But otherwise… why have the company deliberately almost totally neglected one of the most important areas of implementation of TK1 (both scientifically and commercially) in all these years of development??

It is hard to understand this, in my view. That is, if not somehow related to Biovica, and a possible joint effort to commercialize serum TK1 in a broader spectrum of different areas of implementation.

3 tykkäystä

When looking through the ISOBM 2022 program, it is obvious that AroCells serum TK1 concentration biomarker could be relevant in so many aspects of the different areas in the ISOBM 2022 program.

Still, there is no interest at all in this biomarker. No-one seems to talk about the possible benefits with this biomarker - at least not at ISOBM. Why isn´t AroCell represented here - talking about, for example, translational research, drug development and all these positive factors contributing to better cancer care?

https://www.isobm2022.net/programme/

My feeling is that AroCell have put TK 210 ELISA on hold. The Roche deal isn´t even mentioned in the latest RedEye research. All is now about the IDL portfolio. And, of course, as always about Biovica.

In effect that renders a situation where we, former longtime shareholders in AroCell, is financing the development of former IDL Biotech. And that was not what I was primarily interested in when putting my hard earned money into this. My investment may very well be accompanied and strengthened by the IDL portfolio, but my main interest - the inspiration - is within the TK1 biomarker. Anders Hultman seems confident, but the fact is that very little seems to be going on in the news, related to TK1.

Absolutely - the IDL product line is also very interesting, but I do not like my hardearned money solely go into former IDL Biotech. The merger between AroCell / IDL have been going a full year now with very little - if any - news at all on the TK1 biomarker.

And there is nothing in the shareholder value that, at this point in time, indicate that the merger with IDL was a good idea.

2 tykkäystä

Miettinyt myös, että hyvin odotteleva tunnelma. Ihan kuin odottaisimme jotain, mitä ei kuitenkaan kerrota.

Mm. Ihmetyttää, minkä takia niin helppo asia kuin verkkosivujen luominen yhteisyritykselle kestää näinkin kauan?

Uudet verkkosivut sulautuneelle yhtiölle ovat rakenteilla.

1 tykkäys

Maybe they are planning another merger quite soon…?? And, if so, yet another new website would have to be built “immediately” - and therefore they wait…??

1 tykkäys

Huomasin että toimitusjohtaja Hultman on kevään aikana lisännyt omistustaan siten että omistaa nyt yhteensä tasan miljoona osaketta. Omistaa osakkeista suurimman osan Skepparhagen AB:n kautta. Top 10 suurimpiin omistajiin tuolla määrälläkään ei vielä tosin ylletä.

2 tykkäystä

Arocell vaikuttaa ns. Tupakantumppi / käänne yhtiöltä.

Mitähän sieltä tulee?

Dagdrommarn on kirjoittanut jo aika pitkään:)

1 tykkäys

Maybe it is worth reflecting on the circumstance that the FDA did clear DiviTum based on the assay showing a high negative predictive value - a high NPV.

Comments on the DiviTum FDA clearence, from the latest Biovica report:
"For progression within 30 days, the NPV is 96.7%. This means that 96.7% of patients with
DiviTum®TKa measurements below the assay clinical cutoff, did not experience disease progression within the next 30 days."

Source: https://storage.mfn.se/cbf83906-8ea5-41c7-91ef-b14c9d0bfbb8/q1-2022-2023-biovica-eng.pdf

In this case (DiviTum®TKa, as a tool for monitoring disease progression in post-menopausal women with hormone receptor positive metastatic breast cancer) the FDA have put focus on the negative predictive value. This may be interesting as it may indicate on how the FDA navigates between different parameters relating to TK1 - such as perhaps a balance between safety and effectiveness.

Personally I find the focus on the negative predictive value (NPV) interesting also from another viewpoint, as it seems to somewhat correlate with speculative ideas on how to potentially use the TK1 protein assay in a future general health screening situation.

Large screening studies in China have established a sTK1p cut-off level (above 2,0 pM) which identifies a group of healthy individuals that have an increased risk of developing malignant tumors later in life.

Source (sTK1p - large health screening study in China): https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/1ea1/e31a83da01d46b71b5b030f45704d4485d54.pdf?_ga=2.144816945.423734788.1661929548-124806339.1661929548

This means that a healthy individual with a value above the cut-off will have an increased risk of developing cancer later in life.
Of course acute factors, like ongoing infections, must first be ruled out. But as early pre-cancer initially develops slowly during an extended period of time, the individual will have a long period, years, to try and adjust the sTK1p levels back to normal. Based on the early warning signs, the individual will have an opportunity to try and adjust important lifestyle habits - such as food, sleep, exercise, stress - which are important factors that, over time, have an impact on the overall health.

On the other hand, a level below the cut-off is an indication that the individual have a low risk profile for developing cancer later in life.

Of course there is a very important discussion of ethics on if, and how, to use such data. Personally though, I think it would be of great value to have the opportunity to try and adjust negative lifestyle factors early in life - if assessed relevant by myself and my professional medical advisor. And, as a parallell, this is exactly the way so many diabetic and pre-diabetic individuals, often successfully, adjust to declining health - through the “simple” changing of lifestyle habits.

Even though the development of cancer is extremely complex and depending partly on important genetic factors, there is also a relationship to such things as the energy metabolism within developing cancercells - and such lifestyle factors like smoking, heavy glucose intake, lack of exercise will be relevant and have an overall impact on the potential development of the cancer disease.

When speculating on sTK1p in general health screening - a key factor may, as I see it, be the importance of the negative predictive value that indicates low risk.

Even though the sTK1p high value would be a clear risk factor (showing unusual cellproliferation and indicating further efforts in trying to find the source of the rising levels) this situation involves a significant amount of clinical uncertainty - what is the exact source of the rising levels?

On the other hand - the sTK1p low level (below 2,0 pM) would, in contrast, be a relevant and much safer parameter, as this is a clear clinical sign showing that no abnormal proliferation is ongoing in the individual.

And - as I see it - this may be an interesting parallell to the clearence of DiviTum, as it somewhat seems to relate to the approach from the FDA. The importance of the negative predictive value is highlighted in both cases.

Surely there is an enormous amount of future resources that society could potentially save, and instead use in other important areas of society, just depending on getting the overall population healthier.
Increased overall health in the population will, sooner or later, be one of the big and important issues for society - and, putting ethic discussions aside, my take is that simple regular annual TK1-testing would significantly help and render an overall healthier population. No question in my mind about that.

6 tykkäystä

I´m grateful to this stockforum-service, thanks for the opportunity to both speculate and unload worries.

Some weeks ago I sent a very polite mail to Avanza, humbly asking when they were going to re-open their Swedish stockforum.

They didn´t even bother to reply. As if I didn´t exist.

When, if, Avanza re-open I will return back to the Swedish territory . Thanks again.

13 tykkäystä