Nokia sijoituskohteena (Osa 3)

There is a way to recover the stock, but somebody needs to do the sacrifice. We need to get somebody to call Jim Cramer and have him talking down the stock, like he did with META when it was 88$. In six months we will have NOK at ~7e :smiley:

13 tykkäystä

We’ve discussed the option a few times here but I’d say the consensus is that it’s not very likely scenario (yet). Of course this will change if the price continues to fall.

I currently think that the market doesn’t believe in Nokia’s growth at the moment. Especially after Ericsson’s negative outlook.

But yeah, many of us think in this topic that Nokia is undervalued at the moment.

12 tykkäystä

In this forum there has been discussions, every now and then, about Nokia as a potential purchase target. However, in my opinion, a price tag of around 30 billion would be insufficient. If an offer were to come, it would have to be higher in order to realistically even think about going through with it. But such offer is possible, although I have been skeptical. I think, the price would be in the range of €6.50-7.50 per share.

What Lundmark comments do you mean that have led to a drop in the share price? Lundmark has received quite a lot of criticism, but is there any real reason for the criticism, or are they all connected to the share price? Nokia has made a significant journey towards a qualitative company.

Edit: @NordicFox, I will make my follow-up here. I now understand your comment better. For many us Finns, it seems that kind of "over"honesty is important, and so it may indeed sound like an overemphasis of risks.

We just don’t know how to have a nice little chat and make promises about tomorrow, but everyone can trust our word. And really, if we say something in a positive way, maybe it could actually be doubled. Hopefully these will reflect in Nokia’s share price - one day. The internal development during Lundmark’s time has been very great.

19 tykkäystä

30b€ valuation would represent ~5,37€/share, i would imagine that the few big owners would want a bigger premium than that for their shares, i doubt theyd just bend over and hand the shares over (Top5 in finland have 10+% + Blackrock) and thats roughly 17% of shares, nevermind the others
4+b€ of that 30b€ is cash in balance, also was it something 8b€ as refundable taxes (that the buyer could utilise, not that it would directly increase price, but on the other hand buyer could explain higher price like 50b€ with those kinds of benefits :smiley: ) , would leave very little valuation for busines

just replied to similar in Reddit :smiley:

19 tykkäystä

Hey @Lexus . Here is what I have noticed about our CEO. The biggest problem with Lundmark is that he is really bad at talking in public. Wall Street wants to hear people who can “talk the talk.” Literally, every quarter now Lundmark talks about “headwinds” and “uncertainties.” You shouldn’t use such strong words for no reason. These are word associated with recession in the US. Last year Nokia crushed it but Pekka had already spooked the markets so much we couldn’t move higher even when the good results came in.

If you follow the earnings calls in the US last week and this week, literally I cannot recall anyone talking with so strong words about the economy, excluding maybe some small regional banks. Then, in questions like the T-Mobile rumors about choosing other companies instead of NOK, instead of calming the markets and talking down bad rumors he would say something like “no comment” - which in the Wall Street ears sounds like “actually true.”

To me, NOK is a wonderful business with tremendous infrastructure capabilities, long contracts with great customers, but terrible leadership for 15 years now. My investment thesis is that we can get a proper person to inspire markets about the company at some point again. It reminds me MSFT under Balmer. There is no point to be a public company if you cannot explain in public the reasons why you are a great company. Even our buyback program is the most boring in the world. The company was buying back shares with the same amount of money when the stock price was close to 5 and now that is super undervalued under at 3.8. This makes no sense. They should be buying more now! Come on Pekka!

31 tykkäystä

It may be that Lundmark is not the most inspirational speaker - but he is good enough. Lundmark will never be a “steve jobs” and trying to imitate something like that would be just embarrassing. Nokia IR should make that a virtue. Like a statement - we are Finns - let the others do the bullshit. A really bold IR could consider even some meme about it. And after all if we look at all the CEOs after Ollila I would rank Pekka quite high on that group.

The often seen “no comments” policy is bad though. Company should be able to comment negative rumors with some sort of firm answers or estimations about the situations.

And the buyback program should be much bigger. But there is the old trauma of loosing billions on supporting the burning platform in the late -00.

27 tykkäystä

APRIL 26, 2023

23 tykkäystä

Shkumbin Hamiti, Head of Network Monetization Platform, Cloud and Network Services, at Nokia, said: “In the 5G world, a new digital ecosystem is emerging, with multiple service chains of hyperscalers, infrastructure, networks, and applications being created on a case-by-case basis to create end-user value. This research underscores the appetite to drive this ecosystem forward, but also highlights the work to be done to facilitate a deeper understanding between CSPs and developers and the required work between them.”

11 tykkäystä

Gartner ennustaa vahvaa kasvua 5g yrityverkkoihin….

…hyvä Nokialle ja Ericille!

Updated April 26, 2023 11:00 a.m. EDT

In­dus­trial set­tings, in­cluding man­u­fac­tur­ing plants, mines and en­ergy sites, are low-hang­ing fruit be­cause the ben­e­fits to them of a pri­vate 5G net­work are more ob­vi­ous—and far eas­ier to ex­plain—than the ben­e­fits of 5G in homes or in of­fices, where Wi-Fi net-works al­ready func­tion well.

So far, pri­vate 5G, in­clud­ing in­dus­trial uses, amounts to less than 1% of the 5G mar­ket, ac­cord­ing to Del-l’Oro Group. -

• But that could be about to change. In an EY sur­vey of more than 1,300 busi­nesses last No­vember, 57% of re­spon­dents said they planned to in­vest in 5G within three years. Sim­i-larly, a Gart­ner sur­vey of 2,203 ex­ec­u­tives last year found that 49% of en­ergy ex­ec­u­tives said they planned to in­vest in 5G in the next 24 months, along with 45% of trans­porta­tion ex­ec­u­tives and 35% of man­u­fac­tur­ing ex­ec­u­tives.

In an EY survey of more than 1,300 businesses last November, 57% of respondents said they planned to invest in 5G within three years.

Among the rea­sons for the in­dus­try in­ter­est in 5G, ac­cord­ing to Tom Loozen, global telecom­mu­ni­ca­tions leader at EY: a de­sire to im­prove ef­fi­ciency, bet­ter track the flow of goods and im­prove sus­tain­abil­ity.

• Be­cause 5G can track so many ma­te­ri­als, and trans-mit that in­for­ma­tion quickly to in­di­vid­u­als or ma­chines mon­i­tor­ing the pro­duc­tion process, “You use less ma­te­ri­als, and less en­ergy,” Mr. Loozen says.

Furthermore, an­a­lysts say en­ter­prise pri­vate 5G adop­tion will ac­cel­er­ate: By 2025, about a third of pri­vate mo­bile net­work roll­outs will be 5G-based, up from less than 10% in 2022, ac­cord­ing to Gart-ner.

26 tykkäystä

Muilta osin ihan fiksua kirjoitusta mutta mun mielestä nopean mobiiliyhteyden selittäminen kuluttajille ei ole vaikeaa vaikka wlan kotona ja toimistolla toimiikin. Olen täysin varma että nopean netin ääressä halutaan tulevaisuudessa olla kaikkialla ja koko ajan. Tämä on Suomessa jo aika arkista mutta maailmalla töitä riittää.

17 tykkäystä
38 tykkäystä

Arvopaperi lehdessä oli juttu Helsingin pörssin mahdollisista yritysostokohteista. Nokia ei ollut 12 listalla, mutta se mainittiin jutun loppupuolella.
“Myös verkkolaiteyhtiö Nokian alhainen arvostustaso ruokkii arvailuja järjestelystä. Yhtiöllä on yli kahdeksan miljardin euron kassa, jota ostaja voisi käyttää hyväkseen yritysoston maksussa. Markkina-arvo on nyt reilut 21 miljardia euroa.”

27 tykkäystä

Taitaa olla sama juttu kuin tämä Kauppalehden juttu:

Tässä ovat pörssin potentiaaliset ostokohteet – Listasimme 12 yhtiötä, jotka saattavat nyt kiinnostaa yritysostajia Tässä ovat pörssin potentiaaliset ostokohteet – Listasimme 12 yhtiötä, jotka saattavat nyt kiinnostaa yritysostajia | Kauppalehti

Tuonne mulla on lukuoikeudet, ja otsikosta huolimatta listattuna on 36 yhtiötä joista Nokiakin on yhtenä. Taulukossa on 3 välilehteä (ainakin mobiiliversiossa), josta Nokia löytyy toiselta välilehdeltä.

5 tykkäystä

Bidenin hallinto valmistautuu 6g aikaan

• tavoitteena globaali johtajuus USA:aan standardien asettamisessa ja kaupallistamisessa
  • Nokian ja Ericssonin osaamisen arvo ilmeisesti on USA:ssa uudessa tarkastelussa…
    …yritysoston kautta toimialalle tulon kynnys madaltuu oleellisesti!

By John D. McKinnon

April 21, 2023 05:00 a.m. EDT

WASH­ING­TON— The Biden ad­min­is­tra­tion is be­gin­ning to plan for 6G wire­less telecom­mu­ni­ca­tions, seek­ing to ex­pand in­ter­net ac­cess while re­assert­ing U.S. lead­er­ship in a sec­tor whereChina has notched gains.

The White House on Fri­day will meet with cor­po­rate, gov­ern­ment and aca­d­e­mic ex­perts to be­gin de­vel­op­ing goals and strate­gies for the new 6G com­mu­ni­ca­tions tech­nol­ogy, which would have the abil­ity to take cloud com­put­ing and the mo­bile in­ter­net to true global ubiq­uity, among other im­prove­ments.

The next gen­er­a­tion of tele­com is still years away from de­ploy­ment, but it could pave the way for global in­ter­net ac­cess still un­avail­able with the cur­rent 5G stan­dard, which makes smart­phone down­loads and wire­less hot-spot con­nec-tions faster.Ex­pand­ing ac­cess to the in­ter­net has been a pri­or­ity for the Biden ad­min­is­tra­tion as part of its in­frastructure ini­tia­tives.

• “China re­ally pri­or­i­tized its tele­com sec­tor…and I think we may not have,” a se­nior ad­min­is­tra­tion of­fi­cial said in a press call Thurs­day.

The 6G plan­ning ini­tia­tive also aims to re­assert the lead­er­ship of the U.S. and its al­lies in telecom­mu­ni­ca-tions, where China has made gains thanks in part to care­ful nur­tur­ing of home-grown equip­ment man­u­fac-tur­ing and in­creased par­tic­i-pa­tion in in­ternational stan­dard-set­ting.

18 tykkäystä

Tämä. Homma on selvä kuin pläkki. 6G tulee olemaan niin mullistava kuin olla ja voi. Jenkeiltä puuttuu oma assetti. Nokia johtaa 6G-tutkimustyötä ja panostaa muutenkin isosti tutkimukseen. Se on yksi kaunis päivä kun luemme ostotarjouksesta ja sitten se on hei hei.
Tämä on suurin pelkoni. Nokia on pilkkahintainen suupala ja kurssikäyttäytyminen on ollut niin hämärää että se vain vahvistaa käsitystä.

Mukavaa vappua silti kaikille palstalaisille!

33 tykkäystä

Hieman vaikea uskoa…2G oli mullistava ja 4G oli mullistava. 5G on ollut noin 4 vuotta tarjolla ja esim itse en ole kokenut mitään tarvetta päivittää liittymää. 5G ja 5G-A mahdollistaisi teoriassa jo monia sovelluksia jos olisi aitoa kysyntää. 6G tuo uusia taajuuksia, mutta ei tietääkseni mitään todella mullistavaa

Minulla ei ole kristallipalloa enkä ole alan asiantuntija, mutta isossa kuvassa oletus on kyllä se, että 6G tulee olemaan laajasti se tulevaisuuden infra, jonka pohjalle tekoälyllä höystetty robotiikka ja muu yhteiskunnan ja yhteiskuntatekniikan automaatio lepää, mukaanlukien logistiset droonit, robotit ja itseohjautuvat autot ja joukkoliikenne, to name a few.

Kyllä Nokiaa voi pitää lähtökohtaisesti myös strategisena investointina, eikä se nyt välttämättä paha asia ole, jos liittolainen (USA) käy ostamassa pois. Minkä sille voi jos yksityinen iso raha on tähän mennessä nähnyt Nokiassa vain stagnaation ja riskejä.

Suomen Nato-jäsenyys sekä geopoliittiset jännitteet ja kasvava protektionismi satavat lähinnä Nokian laariin - ja markkinat on kuitenkin vapaat.

8 tykkäystä

Tämä Ylen juttu on varmaan jaettu aiemminkin, mutta jaan silti kun on uudempia lukijoita. Ja muistin virkistykseksi miksi 6G on mullistava.

Jos “langaton verkkotekniikka, joka tulee tarjoamaan terabittitason nopeuden, korkeamman lähetystaajuuden ja pienemmän verkkoviiveen” ei vielä saa innostusta heräämään:

"6G-verkossa viestintä, havainnointi ja kuvantaminen ovat yhdessä laitteessa. Tätä voidaan hyödyntää esimerkiksi teollisuudessa, turvallisuusalalla, maataloudessa ja terveyspalveluissa.

Tulevaisuuden 6G-verkkosignaali toimii kuin tutka: sillä voidaan valvoa ja havainnoida ympäristöä. Radioaaltoja voidaan käyttää esimerkiksi ihmisten ja kohteiden kuvantamiseen ilman perinteistä kameraa."

24 tykkäystä

Hienoa, että 6G on tulossa ja hienoa, jos Nokia on siinäkin mukana.

Kuitenkin olisi myös hienoa, että nykyinen 5G lunastaisi sille hehkutetut suuret saappaat ja loisi myös sitä tärkeintä eli rahaa sijoittajille. Sanotaan, että “on vielä liian aikaista/ollaan vasta aikaisessa vaiheessa”, jonka vuoksi rahaa ei ole virrannut. Tämä olisi toivottavaa, että se rahavirta kasvaisi ja konkretisoituisi ihan oikeasti sijoittajille (eikä ainoastaan johdolle), jotta tästä 5G siirtymästä olisi jotain hyötyä taloudellisesti yritykseen sijoittaneille :thinking:

6G osalta sitten olisi toivottavaa sama stoory eli ihan sitä oikeaa rahavirtaa. Siihen varmaankin kuitenkin vielä matkaa ainakin 10 vuotta.

20 tykkäystä

Nokia on ollut 5G:tä kehittämässä ja toteuttamassa. Millä tuloksin osakkeenomistajalle? Tuloskäänne toki etenee, mutta viiden vuoden kurssikäppyrä näyttää tällä hetkellä -23% (tai -32% euroinflaatio huomioiden). Tämäkö on 5G:n arvo markkinoille ja ehkä myös 6G:n?

Optimismi on hyvä asia, mutta täytyy myös kysyä miksi optimismi tähän saakka on tuottanut niin kehnosti ja onko asiaan tulossa ratkaiseva muutos parempaan uudistettu Nokian strategia huomioiden.

20 tykkäystä