Nokia sijoituskohteena (Osa 3)

Pekka Lundmark’s incompetence of communicating will get the company trading like it’s going bankrupt. I have said it before, I will say it again, Pekka needs to retire and Nokia needs a better CEO with communication skills.

6 tykkäystä

The morning announcement of Nokia is unacceptable. Global inflation has been falling, US is having the lowest inflation since 2021. Inflation is EU is falling for months. Inflation in Finland has been falling for months now. Moreover infrastructure spending in the US is as high as it has ever been and it will be higher every year until 2030 with all the infrastructure bills that the US Congress has passed.

Pekka MUST GO today!

Free Nokia!

4 tykkäystä

Pitää varoa mitä toivoo. Nyt haluaisin La Pampan takaisin, kiitos.

Please Please God GIF - Please Please God Plead GIFs|262.5x147.95454545454544

Hieman turta olo tämän touhun kanssa. Nokia on kouluttanut männävuosien aikana niin moneen otteeseen, että mikään ei tunnu enää missään.

Katsoin lohdutukseksi Nokian ostoeriä ja totesin, että eiköhän muutama selviydy vihreällä tämänkin vaiheen yli. Tämä taisi olla paras →

Ei tämä vuosi näytä huonolta, vaikka näyttääkin aiempaa huonommalta. Suurin riski on tietenkin siinä, että mitäs jos uudetkaan arviot eivät pidä. Ei olisi ensimmäinen kerta.

24 tykkäystä

Markkinoilla selvästi on tilaa ns. Kiina-vapaille tuotteille ja käsitykseni mukaan tarjoajia on kaksi. Tässä nämä yhtiöt ovat joutuneet geopoliittisen pelin nappuloiksi, mutta toisaalta näiden yhtiöiden avulla osaltaan mahdollistetaan tuleva teknologiakehitys eri maissa. Sitä nyt miettinyt pienessä päässäni, että miksi Kiina ei osta Nokiaa ja/tai Ericssonia pois pörssistä? Tällä toimellahan he aiheuttaisivat merkittävää haittaa länsimaiden tulevalle teknologiakehitykselle. Ja toisaalta taas miksi länsimaat ja niiden yritykset eivät ymmärrä tätä Kiinan aggressiivisen tarjouksen mahdollisuutta ja turvaa itse tulevaisuutta ostamalla jompi kumpi yhtiöistä itselleen?

10 tykkäystä

Well, this (-42 %) is what Ericsson told today.

23 tykkäystä

Tällaisilla bideilla olisi nykymaailmassa 0 %:n mahdollisuus mennä läpi - viranomaiset eivät ikinä sallisi.

10 tykkäystä

I saw an ironic comment above. I say this again. US infrastructure spend is as high as it ever was!

Let’s do some math:

Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal of 2021: 1.2 TRILLION dollars until 2030

Inflation reduction act of 2022: 891 BILLION dollars until 2030

This kind of money has never been spend before and it is UNACCEPTABLE for Nokia and Ericsson to tell lies about “lower spending” in infrastructure. All spending AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile do is 5G networks. Just listen to the conference calls. How is it possible Nokia can’t benefit? What has Pekka been doing visiting the US all the past year, eating tacos in New York?

US has as a strategic goal to get high speed internet infrastructure all over the country. If Nokia and Ericsson cannot help, somebody else will eat this cake.

7 tykkäystä

Tuosta Brookingsin raportista lainattua: Conclusion

When it comes to infrastructure, the era of big government isn’t over—it’s just getting started.

Most of the $1.25 trillion in infrastructure spending approved by Congress and signed into law by President Biden is still sitting in the federal government’s bank account, waiting to strengthen and modernize the country’s economy and communities. Yet even at this early stage, governments and their industry partners have precious little time to get their infrastructure plans in place. And achieving their goals won’t be easy—any one of multiple challenging economic conditions could limit the number of projects that get completed.

President Biden has framed the next 10 years as America’s “infrastructure decade.” The chances of it being remembered that way may well be decided in the coming year, and there’s no time to lose.

8 tykkäystä

Mikko Mäkinen ja Nokia :point_down:

42 tykkäystä

Sen verran Mikolle voisi kommentoida takaisin, että kyllä Nokian pärjäämisestä kahden vuoden aikajänteellä on melko vahva käsitys. Ellei maailma sitten ajaudu yhtiön ympärillä kaaokseen.

26 tykkäystä

“Overall, formula programs received 92% of the IIJA’s first-year awards when measured by total funding awarded by federal agencies. This pattern was universal, with every state seeing more than 80% of total awards distributed via formula programs. The primary beneficiaries of these formula programs are state governments, which directly receive these funds through Federal Highway Administration programs and the EPA. State-controlled funding will only grow as the $42.5 billion Broadband Equity, Access, and Deployment (BEAD) formula funding starts to move”

Did you miss this part?

Sitä tässä mietin kanssa että tulos mahdollisesti pysyy samalla tasolla mutta se tehdään pienemmällä liikevaihdolla että niin yleensä aina kritisoidaan ettei kerrota hyvissä ajoin muutoksista kun ne on jo nähty viikkoja sitten. Ja mietin sitäkin ettei tavallaan olisi ollut välttämättä edes tarvetta muuttaa aiempaa ohjausta tässä vaiheessa mutta mutta … :thinking:

Jotenkin näen tämän niin kans mitä Lexus taisi myös viitata että otetaan turhat ilmat pois siltä että tulossa olisi jokin mega posari ja pyritään pitämään jalat maassa.

Hiukan haiskahtaa että ensi viikolla lasketaan targetteja, mutta pysyykö suositukset positiivisella puolella.

31 tykkäystä

This is not mathematics but rather lazy bluffing.

You really want to get rid of Pekka, do you? :smiley: Out of 11 messages, you’ve written 9 about Pekka. I would allow some tacos and other treats for Pekka. He’s so skinny he probably wears teen jeans.

But seriously, I hope Pekka was trying to make sure Nokia is able to keep its share of the shrinking US markets.

BTW, you cannot eat a cake if there are just crumbs left. But I’m pretty sure there’ll be another cake for Nokia and Ericsson to share.

21 tykkäystä

Free cash flow pysyi ennallaan - niin kauan kun tämä pitää niin Nokian pitäisi alkaa maksamaan itseasiassa aika mukavaakin osinkoa… Taidan odotella sen kortin ja katsoa tuleeko Nokiasta sitten osinko-osake eikä se arvonnousuosake jota tässä on haettu :smiley: jos tuohon osinkoon tulee säröjä, niin ehkä se voisi olla aika siirtyä katsomoon - Ihan sama mitä Nokia itse tekeen niin ei sen arvostus tunnu paranevan, maailma ympäriltä murenee ja osaketta lyödään. Ja jos totta puhutaan, niin eihän tuolla liikevaihdon alentumisella ole juurikaan merkitystä tässä kohtaa. Prosentit pysyy kunnossa, sehän on ollut se homman juju nyt. Toki se liikevaihdon pitäisi sitten olla sellaisella tasolla, että prosenttilaskun tuloksena olisi jotain hyvää…

Toisena asiana patentteihin liittyvät korvaukset - tuomioistuimista hyviä päätöksiä ja OPPO painettu ahtaalle Euroopan markkinoilla, mutta riittääkö se? Saako Nokia koskaan OPPO:lta oikeasti korvauksia vai siirtyykö OPPO Kiinan markkinoille ja viittaa kintaalla eurooppaan + korvausvaatimuksiin? Ja sitten, tuleeko tilalle sellaisia tahoja, jotka maksaa Nokialle patenteista? Eli jos patenttikorvauksia ei tule, pysyykö Technologies yksikkö ennallaan vai tuleeko patenteille lisää “kysyntää” kun rehdit pelurit niistä maksaa?

17 tykkäystä

@OldFeki

What has Pekka done in three years now for you as a shareholder to praise him? He has returned you a -30% or more and a Nokia Corporation without a clear course. How much Nokia he even owns?

Do you remember the announcements in 2021 for “economic headwinds”, when in 2021 it was literally RAINING money all over the world. Now Pekka sees “reduced spending” when the Brookings report say over 35 BILLION were given alone last year for broadband from government programs alone in the US.

Also Pekka things “inflation is rising” while inflation is FALLING everywhere like a stone. Inflation peaked last autumn and it’s now lower than last year. US inflation is back to where it was in 2021. Unless you are preoccupied, I don’t know how can you believe this man, and I don’t see how much time he should be given more. What’s next, to get us trading half book value?

8 tykkäystä

Tässä on vielä Sijoittaja.fi:n muutamassa minuutissa luettava analyysi Nokiasta, jos jotain kiinnostaa. :slight_smile:

11 tykkäystä

Praising is an overstatement. I would say I have a pretty good understanding of what a CEO can and can’t do.

There are certainly things I hope Pekka would have done differently. And I agree with you on at least one thing: Increasing shareholder value hasn’t been his strong suit. However, I believe Nokia now has a solid foundation that was built under his leadership.

Inflation is currently falling rapidly in the USA, but it takes time for these changes to be reflected in the markets. We will likely see the results of increased government funding early next year.

20 tykkäystä

On totta, että tälläkin palstalla ovat kurssin taloudellisten muutosten, siihen vaikuttavien tekijöiden, tuottavuuden ja tehokkuuden analysoinnit jääneet paljon vähemmälle kuin esimerkiksi teknologisen edistyksen seuraaminen. Siitä kyllä jokaiselle täällä tietoa jakavalle suuret kiitokset, mutta onhan tämä myös sijoittamisesta ja arvonmuodostuksesta motivoituva areena.

7 tykkäystä

It wasnt just inflation, high interest rates were also cited amongst reason of cautiousness in US “temporary” slowdown (+lowering the inventory on customer end)
The Infra money starts next year the earliest, might be H2 when the orders start to happen, wont affect this year!

Some states might be ready to order in H1, some later 2024 -2025

16 tykkäystä