AroCell AB 2.0 - mainettaan parempi

The following study has been cited before, but as AroCell now have been working for some time on the development of a “combination assay” (TK1 in combination with a cytokeratin marker) it may be worth recognizing some interesting findings on such a “combination strategy” that is revealed in the study.

“In the study, we revealed the frequency of CK19 and TK1 expression in patients with metastatic and recurrent gastrointestinal cancer. At the same time, we investigated the value of CK19 and TK1 as prognostic indicators of advanced gastrointestinal cancer.” /…/

“In conclusion, co-expression of CK19 and TK1 might be crucial for the progression of tumors and, therefore, for the prognosis of patients with gastrointestinal cancer, indicating that the expression of these might be considered as independent prognostic markers.” /…/

The following may be of particular interest, in view of the “combination strategy”:

“The results indicate that positive CK19 expression predicts poor OS in patients with advanced gastrointestinal cancer; however, that patients who are positive for CK19 but negative for TK1 might have a better prognosis. In other words, patients who are positive for both CK19 and TK1 expression have worse OS than those who are positive for CK19 but negative for TK1 expression in advanced gastrointestinal cancer.”

Source:

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Edit: and such finding, as cited above, are probably only one of many different positives with a coming “combination strategy”. As an amateur I would also like to speculate in, for example, a possibility to use the cytokeratin expression to be able to, even more exactly, define the origin of the TK1 measurement.

That is - if an increase in TK1 is accompanied by an increase in the cytokeratin marker, than this could indicate that the origin of the TK1 is from epithelial cells (that is, for example, breast, prostate and other solid tumors). On the other hand - if there is no increase in the cytokeratin marker, than this could indicate that the origin of increased TK1 may come from an increased activity within the immune response (trying to eliminate foreign objects, like cancer cells). And in the case of a hematological malignancy - as these types of cells do not contain cytoskeleton - the appearance of cytokeratins in the measurement would also represent valuable information, I guess. All in all, the “combination strategy” seems to be useful in a context of complemental co-measurements, fine-tuning, and thereby the strengthening of the overall obtained information in such a way that 1+1 is not the obvious 2, but rather 1+1=3.

All amateur speculations, of course.

2 tykkäystä

Pitääkö paikkansa?

Yahoo Finance kertoo:

sisäpiiriläisten hallussa 42,43 %

@Joukkis - insider 42,43%

I would say, in my personal opinion, that this is a good example showing that information, including such statistics on “insiders”, that is presented on otherwise “creditable” websites very often is simply wrong, or not updated for years.

For example Avanza is showing information on the 10 largest shareholders in AroCell which is not updated since March 2022. And, likewise, Avanza is showing information regarding Biovica telling investors that Biovica is a PHARMACEUTICAL company - which of course is completely wrong. Biovica is a diagnostic company, not a pharmaceutical company.

So, in the case of Avanza, they apparently take no responsibility at all regarding the integrity of the information they provide to their customers. I would say that something similar is going on when it comes to the statistics on insiders, provided by Yahoo. Probably there is some kind of automatic feed generated by an algoritm in a computer somewhere - and there is no physical person taking responsibility over the situation.

On the other hand, regarding insiders, I don´t know if there might be different definitions of “insider” in different countries, with different legislations? I am not at all updated on the Swedish definition of “insider”, but I think that the legislation changed somewhere around 2019, resulting in a relief in the regulations - that is fewer involved in the company is now regarded as “insiders” than before 2019.

Anyway, 42% insider holding in AroCell can not be correct.

Ok, Labbex will maybe be regarded as insider (as Max Pihlqvist is a member of the board) - that will generate 11.57% insider. Let´s here generously assume that also Greg Dingizian is regarded as insider - that will generate another 6,77% insider holding. Let´s also generously assume that Jon Eiken and Mikael Lönn are insiders (as they represented the election committee to the AroCell board) - this gives us roughly another 5% insider holding.

And then, when consulting the information provided by AroCell (the “insider transactions” on the website) I count roughly another max 2% held by the management.
Than there may be some additional holdings, like for example Staffan Eriksson, which may (or may not) be regarded as insider holdings. Let´s assume this represent a maximum of an additional 2% insiders.

Ok, so when counting all this together we reach a maximum of 27% insider holdings. But - considering the relief in the Swedish legislation, the real figure could very well rather be less than 15%.

And, than again, if board member Max Pihlqvist is formally not the same as Labbex, that will render a situation with maybe only about 2% insider holdings (only considering the holdings by management).

4 tykkäystä

Referring to my remark, in the last post, on the difference between a pharmaceutical company and a diagnostic company - this may be an appropriate timing to recognize that the Chinese TK1 company SSTK Biotech (with prof Sven Skog and Ellen He, who participated in starting AroCell back in early years of 2000) actually have developed specific TK1-antibodies with the idea of being sent into the human body and thereby be able to neutralize the biological function of TK1 within the cancer patient!

So, this seems to be a totally new aspect of using TK1 - in a concept of a pharmaceutical drug! Must confess that myself, and others, over the years at Avanza have “quite wildly” speculated in such a hypothetical application of TK1-antibodies, and in view of retrospectually so many “smiling” comments over such early fantasies, it hits a good feeling seeing SSTK Biotech now apparently reaching for such an theoretical application of antibodies targeting TK1. :slight_smile:

Anyway, to conclude with respect to Avanza telling investors that Biovica is a pharmaceutical company - it seems as it is actually the concept of TK1-antibodies, AroCells apporach, that is more closely approaching the status of being a pharmaceutical company. Not the Biovica approach.

But… as always… Biovica always gets the upper hand, the best analytical competence, the best investors, the best media coverage, the best valuation. The Biovica valuation have historically been AroCell x7-10 for long periods of time. Always Biovica as number one, and AroCell as the underdog far, very far behind. As this has been going on for such a long time, I do not regard it as merely a coincidence - but rather an execution of a planned longterm strategy concerning the relationship between the two companies.

For example the classical statements from Biovica that stated patent protection for DiviTum until 2031. In reality patent protection for the DiviTum TKa kit is valid until 2026. Theoretically AroCell could begin develop an alternative DiviTum TKa kit of their own. I wonder how long such a development project would take?

So, why do not any competent analyst even bother to touch this question of the patent landscape for DiviTum? No, no, do not in anyway touch Biovica. Let instead the stupid AroCell investors repeatedly pay x7-10 for their shares.

1 tykkäys

Strange…

When it comes to Biovica - in THIS case the information provided by Avanza, on the 10 largest sheareholders, is properly updated (2022-08-29).

But the very same information on AroCell have not been updated for half a year (2022-03-31).

2 tykkäystä

Uudet verkkosivut on saatu rakennettua ja julkaistua!

2 tykkäystä

Sivuilta lainattua;

AroCellillä on talon sisällä täydellinen infrastruktuuri tutkimuksesta ja tuotannosta myyntiin ja markkinointiin. Se tekee meistä ainutlaatuisia tämän kokoiselle yritykselle. Kasvamme orgaanisesti kasvamalla olemassa olevilla markkinoilla sekä avaamalla uusia markkinoita. Kehitämme myös uusia tuotteita, joita voimme myydä olemassa olevien myyntikanaviemme kautta. Kaiken kaikkiaan meillä on hyvät edellytykset vahvaan orgaaniseen kasvuun.

4 tykkäystä

Wow, really nice and classy new website, a really positive and good first impression I must say! Thank you AroCell! This will be really nice, reading all the details!

3 tykkäystä

Informative and appealing update, thanks AroCell! Noted also the addition of ovarian cancer to the AroCell TK210 Technology list of cancer indications, and with a reference to a study including TK1 in a possible expansion of the ROMA index. Together with the continued attention to DLBCL, this new official presence in ovarian cancer could maybe be indicative for ongoing work related to external license agreements?

1 tykkäys

The following is amateur speculation.

Back in 2019 the following study was published. One of the authors was professor Bernhard Tribukait, one of the founders of AroCell.

Title: “Predicting invasiveness and disease-specific survival in upper tract urothelial carcinoma: identifying relevant clinical tumour characteristics”
Source: Predicting invasiveness and disease-specific survival in upper tract urothelial carcinoma: identifying relevant clinical tumour characteristics - PMC

This was back in 2019, long before the AroCell-IDL merger was announced, and I remember feeling a little bit surprised as this study did not seem to relate to neither TK1 nor AroCell. Still, a study published by professor Bernhard Tribukait was, of course, a remarkable event - even though I could not, at the time, see a clear connection to AroCell.

This is of course only amateur speculation… but when now, once again, reading the study I get a feeling that there might be a connection - to maybe a possible use of the UBC Rapid (or ELISA) test.

First of all - one of the authors of the study is professor Bernhard Tribukait, who at the time seemingly in parallell produced groundbreaking discoveries and brilliant analyses on the AroCell TK1 biomarker, resulting in for example the cell-loss-metric related to neoadjuvant treatment of breast cancer. The feeling is that work published by Bernhard Tribukait can simply not be ignored (by the way - the same goes for some interesting research recent years from Staffan Eriksson, Liya Wang, Jun Mei Hu Frisk and colleagues, but that subject will be for another forum-post… maybe… :slight_smile:)

Secondly, now in view of the merger with IDL Biotech, suddenly the subject of the 2019 study seems more relevant, or possibly relevant - in connection with bladder cancer. Quotes from the 2019 study:

“Being able to differentiate between low- and high-risk UTUC is of the utmost importance to aid treatment decisions, and accurate risk stratification is crucial in this context. A reliable model for preoperative identification of stage and organ confinement is essential for choice of treatment modality.” /…/

“However, imaging, even computed tomography urography (CTU), offers insufficient accuracy for staging of UTUC. For optimal diagnostics, radiological investigations should be combined with ureterorenoscopy (URS) and analysis of cytopathological samples.” /…/

“Our findings suggest that correct tumour grading plays a crucial role in the diagnostics of UTUC. To further improve preoperative risk stratification, future research should focus on improved methods for correct grading and identification of other reliable markers of high-risk disease, cell proliferation and others, especially with regard to G2 tumours.”

Ok, so the 2019 study calls for new biomarkers related to cell proliferation - maybe serum TK1? The study also calls for new biomarkers which complement cytopathological samples… hm… doesn´t that somewhat match the use of UBC Rapid in bladder cancer?

So… the 2019 study was dealing with the diagnosis of the indication “UTUC”. Maybe there can be some kind of relationship between “UTUC” and bladder cancer? After some consulting with my google-AI, the following information was revealed:

*What is Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma (UTUC)?
Most bladder cancers (approximately 90-95%) occur in the bladder itself. However, the urothelial cells that line the bladder are also found in other locations in the urinary system. Urothelial carcinoma is a cancer that can occur in those cells." What is Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma (UTUC)? – Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network

So, apparently, there seems as if the same types of cells that are relevant in bladder cancer can also be relevant in Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma (UTUC). And, if so, maybe the cytokeratins in UBC Rapid can be used also in the case of Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma?

The 2019 study from professor Bernhard Tribukait again: “Being able to differentiate between low- and high-risk UTUC is of the utmost importance to aid treatment decisions, and accurate risk stratification is crucial in this context.”

All amateur speculations of course.

5 tykkäystä

Osavuosikatsaus ulkona, erittäin positiivinen

7 tykkäystä

Interview Anders Hultman. Very positive, my impression. Very positive.

4 tykkäystä

Good news. Any key points on what makes the impression positive? My swedish is very bad.

2 tykkäystä

Nothing positive in the bottom line:

Reporting period January 1st – September 30th

• Net sales amounted to 24,519 (6,102) KSEK
  • Profit after financial items amounted to -42,779 (-30,581) KSEK
  • Cash flow from operating activities for the period amounted to -11,373 (-18,880) KSEK
  • Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to -0.20 (-0.35) SEK
  • Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the period amounted to 67,825 (27,825) KSEK

Profitability down almost 50 % YoY, significantly negative cash flow, negative EPS, a need for another round of cash in maybe 2 years, and that is before FDA costs for a new attempt…

1 tykkäys

Höpöhöpö!

Liikevaihto nelinkertaistui ja kannattavuus itse asiassa parani huomattavasti kun huomioidaan tuo liikevaihdon kasvu.

Jos huomioit rahavirran ja kassan, niin varmaan huomaat että jos meno ei oleellisesti huononnu, ei ole moneen vuoteen tarvetta rahoittaa Arocellia

Ja tätä menoa Arocell on kannattava ilman FDA hyväksyntääkin

4 tykkäystä

I have transcribed and translated the Video. Not by hand. So there might we a few word wrong, but you will understand most of the context.

Transcribed from this video

Speaker 1 = Oskar from Redeye
Speaker 2 = Anders Hultman from Arocell

Speaker 1
Hello and welcome to redeye today we have with us anders hultman CEO of Arocell to interview him about the company’s q three report welcome anders.

Speaker 2
Thank you Oskar.

Speaker 1
Can you start by summing up your third quarter?

Speaker 2
Quarters, then. It was a great quarter, a tremendous amount has happened. In particular, we’ve seen a lot of sales growth actually in both of our products with both bacteriology and oncology.

Speaker 2
And right now it’s leaning that it’s more then the parigi side which has got an almost exclusive growth and the funny thing is that when it’s going this fast it’s important that you have an organization that can follow it and deliver everything and we have actually managed to do that so that we manage to meet the increased growth and there is very good mood at the company and everything is rolling on while we are then meeting the increased sales we are also rolling on our existing projects, product development and so on so that it’s very, very much. That’s happening and it’s also very nice now when you can get out and travel and visit our partners in different parts of the world and you get a completely different view of what’s going on and we have the latest in Indonesia and visited the partner there and it’s incredibly good visit, very good partner. It’s a market of two hundred and seventy million people and we also see the potential for further growth there, which is very, very interesting.

Speaker 1
You are expanding globally, can you tell us a little bit more about this? Partnerships in China and in India?

Speaker 2
In china we are both our elisa kit but also we are investing a lot in automation and then we have a main partner so feel and fosun and there we have started to put our tk Elisa in china but now we will also plan to continue to put our other products on the chinese China is very interesting to invest in these automated platforms and they are very interested in taking diagnostic tests, so getting into the English market and having a good technology in hospitals is very important, very important for the future and a very good way to get our markers out.

Speaker 1
And the sales in the quarter did increase to ten million from about six million from the previous period totals and the bacteriology segment is about half of the sales how do you see these two segments bacteriology and oncology going forward.

Speaker 2
Well both segments have had steady growth, so we were well both are very important. Then there has been a real growth and in the archaeology segment very much thanks to the fact that we have. Working so actively with that segment for a long time and also during these corona years actively worked and cooperated with our distributors.

Speaker 2
So that both segments are important. Right now we are seeing an extra big growth right now then on the on possibly the lodging side and as it as we report the report so the growth now accounts for about 50 or bacteriology for about 53% of our sales and as I also mentioned in the report the order intake looks good going forward on both segments so that both are equally important. But but we are seeing a particularly large growth just in bacteriology in.

Speaker 2
And we can also say that we are actively working on both biology and spring forestry in different markets just on the blog side we see it most in developing countries or emerging markets we have a big focus on denim as I mentioned earlier but I also want to be an African venture where we are working purposefully in different countries and registering the product and yes as I there we have also worked for a long time and there I will also we will see a growth going forward I would guess?

Speaker 1
I also had a cash position of SEK 67 million at the end of Q3 and a low but negative cash flow. How do you see the cash flow for next year we might see a positive cash flow.

Speaker 2
Well, all companies aim to make a profit. We never make any forecasts, but of course we are actively working on both the revenue side and the cost side and something that has happened this year is that we have started to see the effect of the synergies with after the same stage out traveling and non-profit.

Speaker 2
So we’re actively working on making the organization as efficient as possible and taking advantage of the organization that we have in all areas. We do have a very. We have see a complete organization, everything from sales, research, development, production, regulatory expertise and we have very broad expertise that we have made the best use of while at the same time we have made sure to avoid double costs and things like that so that on the cost side we work and then we also see that going to work on the index side brings results, but as I said the goal for any company is to make a profit.

Speaker 1
Can you tell me a little bit more about these? The cost savings that come with the merger with the ideal guide.

Speaker 2
Yes, no, but it’s simple things, we only have one board of directors, that’s the simple things, then we have in the organisation, we only need one regional manager, we only need one quality manager and so on, so that everyone has a dual function, so we’ve been able to cut down on that, while in many cases we’ve been able to develop the staff we’ve also put in other functions to be able to meet those needs as well.

Speaker 2
The increased demand that we see and being able to work new markets.

Speaker 1
And in this new organization how does tk two elisa fit in really is going to see a focus primarily on u s i rapid and tube.

Speaker 2
it fits very well into the organization and because we talk a lot about u s reports right now are free the products that we have the highest sales of so that is the near term revenue comes from them but then we have a development project where we combine t k i product with our cytokine products to a new more sensitive test while we put t product on automated platforms in syna among other things but also other parts we are also sitting on using existing distribution networks to get the products out in different markets also working of course with our our registration process for thirty i i u s a but the difference now compared to before is that we are a company with several different products so that. It’s like one track out and another track in, but we’re running on several fronts at the same time. But the whole goal of this is to get such a good product portfolio as possible that generates as much revenue as possible and what we are working on right now and what we are also investing in is to exploit our strengths. We are strong in certain markets. Some are very important markets. As I said, we sell most now in Indonesia and in Germany, which are two very interesting markets, while we are also systematically working on the African continent, which is also a very important market in the long term. And then on the oncology side, we are looking more perhaps at master markets, so to speak, so that everything is connected and the whole acquisition and merger in question was based on getting resources and products that were connected and to be able to make a good offer and create a good company.

Speaker 1
Thank you Anders and good luck in the coming quarter.

Speaker 2
Thank you very much Oskar.

I hope it’s readable.

12 tykkäystä

Kiitos Narvis ja Dagdrommarn,

Tämä oli “erittäin erittäin ;)” hyvä haastattelu ja tekstitys :+1:

Nyt voi hyvillä ja luottavaisin mielin odottaa tulevia rahavirtoja.

Jossain vaiheessa muutkin sijoittajat huomaavat potentiaalin ja mitä Arocellilla on tapahtumassa.
Ei tämä ole helppoa ollut, on vaatinut lehmän hermoja ja luottoa tulevaan.
Mutta, kurssin polkeminen FDA päätöksen jälkeen oli niin selkeä ylilyönti, että tämä oli kyllä nähtävissä.
Yksinkertaiset asiat on toimivia, liika analysointi mutkistaa asioita ja estää näkemästä oleellisen.

8 tykkäystä

@ Narvis - thanks for the initiativ in translating the interview. :+1:

As you mentioned there are maybe some details in the first translation that may be a little difficult to understand. So as this interview with Anders is very interesting (at least that is my impression) I spent some time trying to make some slight adjustments from the first translation. Hopefully some of the details are a little bit clearer now, some statements a little bit easier to grasp, in this updated version of the translation.

It is not that easy to make a 100% correct translation from Swedish to English, there are always some phrases and subtleties that will be somewhat subjective in how to translate. But my attempt have been to be fully objective in trying to translate the essence in what Anders is telling. With that said, I am of course not a professional translator.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

2022-10-28, Interview with Anders Hultman, CEO, AroCell

Speaker 1 = Oscar Bergman, RedEye
Speaker 2 = Anders Hultman, CEO, AroCell

Speaker 1
Hello, and welcome to RedEye! Today we have with us Anders Hultman, CEO of AroCell, to interview him about the company’s Q3-report. Welcome Anders!

Speaker 2
Thank you Oscar!

Speaker 1
Can you start by summing up your third quarter?

Speaker 2
It has been a very good quarter with a lot of advancement! In particular, we’ve seen a substantial sales growth, actually in both of our product ranges - in both bacteriology and oncology. Right now there is an emphasis on the bacteriological side, which has got an almost explosive growth! On the positive side, when things are going this fast, it’s important to have an organization that can follow along and deliver, and we’ve actually managed to do that.

So we have managed to meet this increased growth, and there is a very good atmosphere in the company and everything is running smoothly. And at the same time as we meet the increased sales, we continue to move forward with our existing projects, product development, etc. So there is a lot going on!

It is also very positive now that we can reach out and travel and visit our partners in different parts of the world, we now get a much better view on the development. Most recently we went to meet our partner in Indonesia - a very good visit, a very good partner. Indonesia is a market of 270 million inhabitants where we see potential for further growth. Very, very interesting.

Speaker 1
You are expanding globally, can you tell us a little more about this? Partnerships in China and in India?

Speaker 2
Yes, in China, in addition to selling our manual ELISA kits, we also focus strongly on automation - and here our main partners are Zecen and Fosun. We have started with automating our TPS ELISA in China, and now we plan to set up our other products in the Chinese market as well.

China is interesting because they are very much into automated platforms, and they are also very keen on diagnostic testing. So entering the Chinese market and having a good coverage in the hospitals we think is very, very important for the future, and a very good way to get our markers out.

Speaker 1
The sales in the quarter did increase to 10,6 million, from about 6 million in the previous period, and the bacteriology segment represent about half of the sales. How do you see these two segments, bacteriology and oncology, going forward?

Speaker 2
Well, both segments show stable growth, so both are very important. The strong growth in the bacteriology segment is largely thanks to the fact that we have worked so actively with that segment for a long time. Also during the Corona pandemic we have actively cooperated with our distributors.

So both segments are important. Right now we are seeing particularly strong growth in the bacteriology segment and, as the report shows, bacteriology now accounts for around 53% of sales. As was also mentioned in the report, order intake looks good in both oncology and bacteriology going forward. So both segments are equally important, but right now we are seeing particularly large growth in bacteriology.

It can also be added that we work actively with both oncology and bacteriology in different markets. In bacteriology, we have a focus on emerging markets - Indonesia, as I mentioned, but we also have a strong focus on Africa, where we purposefully work and register the product in different countries. The work in Africa has been going on for a long time, and we will be seeing growth there going forward, I would guess.

Speaker 1
The company had a cash balance of SEK 67 million at the end of Q3, and a low but negative cash flow. How do you see the cash flow for next year - can there possibly be a positive cash flow?

Speaker 2
Well, all companies aim to make a profit. We never make any forecasts, but of course we are actively working on both the revenue side and the cost side. Something that has happened this year is that we have started to see the effects of the synergies coming from the merger of AroCell and IDL.

So we work actively to make the organization as efficient as possible and try to take advantage of the competence we have, in all areas. The organization is very complete and includes sales, research, development, production and regulatory expertise - so we have a very broad competence which we have used in the best possible way, while at the same time we have made sure to avoid double costs, and the like. So we work on the cost side, and at the same time we also see that our work on the revenue side yields results. Of course the goal of any company is to make profit.

Speaker 1
Can you tell us a little more about these cost savings resulting from the merger with IDL Biotech?

Speaker 2
Yes, obvious effects are of course that we only need one CEO and one board. And then within the organization… you only need one regional manager, only one quality manager, and so on. So we have been able to address all these dual functions. At the same time, in many cases we have been able to develop our current staff and deploy them in other functions - to be able to meet the growing demand we see, and to be able to enter new markets.

Speaker 1
In this new organization - how does the TK 210 ELISA fit in? Will there rather be a main focus on the UBC Rapid and Tubex?

Speaker 2
The TK 210 ELISA fits very well into the organization! At the moment we are talking a lot about UBC Rapid and Tubex as these two products are generating the highest sales right now. That is the near term income. And going forward we carry out a development project where we combine the TK product together with these cytokeratin products, into an even more sensitive test!

At the same time, we put the TK product on automated platforms - for instance in China, but also in other regions. We also aim to get the TK 210 product out into various markets through our existing distribution networks. And of course we are also working on our registration process for TK 210 in the USA.

The difference now compared to before is that we are now a company with several various products - and advancing in one direction does not preclude progress within other areas. So we move in several directions simultaneously. The goal is to get as good a product portfolio as possible, and which generates as much revenue as possible - that’s what we’re working on right now.

We also focus on capitalizing on our strengths. We are strong in some markets - in some very important markets. As mentioned, right now the best sales are in Indonesia and Germany - which are two very, very interesting markets. At the same time, we are systematically targeting the African continent - which will also become a very important market in the longer term. And then, as for the oncology segment, we are looking more at mature ”western oriented” markets, so to speak.

So everything is connected, and that is the strength behind the merger with IDL Biotech - to bring together resources and products that are connected, thereby creating a good offer and a good company!

Speaker 1
Thank you Anders, and good luck in the coming quarter!

Speaker 2
Thank you Oscar!

12 tykkäystä

AroCell Q3: Cost synergies more apparent, continued sales growth

For me the picture is getting clearer, positive trend is there. Time to forget the FDA farce.

5 tykkäystä

New interesting article recently published in China: "Who is the Chinese version of Grail?”

According to a news item from SSTK Biotech, there have recently been published an article discussing sTK1p and Grail, even comparing the two! The article have been produced by Chinese financial reporters and is published in more than 20 media such as Phoenix Finance, China Financial Times, and Qilu Online!

The title of the article says: "Who is the Chinese version of Grail?”. This feels lika a new approach, a new level in talking about sTK1p!

From the article - describing differences between sTK1p and the genetic approach by Grail:

Genetic testing is aimed at the abnormality of nucleic acid structure, mainly to prove that the mutation exists, but it is impossible to judge whether the cell is accelerating the proliferation. TK1 is a world-recognized “cell proliferation marker”, and TK1 detection technology can quantify and dynamically monitor the risk of cell proliferation.
That is, TK1 detection technology can monitor the replication (proliferation) state of tumor cells from beginning to end, and can form quantitative indicators. Essentially, TK1 is a biotechnology that monitors cancer risk.” (quote from the article)

I think the article definitely is worth reading - included are also pictures and references to Bernhard Tribukait, Sven Skog and Ellen He. Here is the link (please use google translate):

胸苷激酶1(TK1)-华瑞同康生物技术深圳有限公司

Ok, this is China. With there own political- and insurance landscape. But nevertheless, the Swedish 30 year study in prostate cancer seems to tell a similar story. TK1 is a very special biomarker. Personally I would not find it surprising or in any way unlogical if TK1 was to be included in research alongside, together and in parallell with, genetic markers as an additional parameter in early detection of cancer. For example in research conducted by Grail. We must not be afraid to promote the potential in sTK1p!

4 tykkäystä