Plug Power ($PLUG)

https://s21.q4cdn.com/824959975/files/doc_financials/2020/q3/Plug-Power-Q32020-letter-F3.pdf

Reported gross billings of $125.6M; reflecting growth of 106% year-over-year and 73.4%
sequentially

Plug Power is raising 2020 fullyear gross billings guidance to $325M-$330M up from $310M.

We are pleased to report that the proforma Adjusted EBITDA margin in Q3 2020 of 19%, as outlined
above, is approaching our target Adjusted EBITDA margin of 20% by 2024. The improvement in
the 3rd quarter 2020 is driven by growth in sales, ongoing cost reductions, and the increasing
leverage on operating costs. Furthermore, the annualized rate based on Q3 deployments of over
4,000 units represents almost 65% of the annual deployment forecast of 25,000 units in the
material handling market in 2024. Considering our 2021 gross billing guidance of $450 million,
which we are also reaffirming, we believe we are well on our way to deliver on our 2024 targets
of $1.2B in gross billings, $200M in operating income, and over 20% Adjusted EBITDA.

24 tykkäystä

Ahh. Sitä mitä odotettiinkin, ohjeistuksen nostokin saatiin… Juna kulkee ja tästä on hyvä jatkaa matkaa kohti Q4!

E: @sillinkutoja hyviä pointteja.

11 tykkäystä

Hieman kyllä tämä kulupuoli ja tuloksen tekeminen arveluttaa, kuka osaa tulkita taseesta noita lainojen kuluja? Ja sitten tämä gross billings vs raportoitu liikevaihto eroavaisuus:

Plug Power Q3 EPS (0.11) Misses (0.07) Estimate, Sales $106.99M Miss $109.21M Estimate

E. Miinukselle valahdettiin…Markkinalla vissiin vaikeuksia tulkita lukuja :smiley: EPS missi liittyy raportissa mainittuihin warrantteihin.

2 tykkäystä

Kyllähän tuo missiksi on leimattu voiton ja liikevaihdon osalta odotuksiin nähden. Minusta tuo laskutus on puhdasta kikkailua, jotta lukemat saadaan näyttämään paremmilta. Mutta sitä en sitten tiedä, oliko tuo sitten tarkemmin analysoituna niin huono tulos. Nuo 2024 näkymät on kyllä niin kaukana tästä hetkestä, että ensi vuonna on lähinnä tärkein.

5 tykkäystä

Non-GAAP ylitti ja GAAP EPS missas, johtuen noista warranteista?

Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG): Q3 Non-GAAP EPS of -$0.04 beats by $0.03; GAAP EPS of -$0.11 misses by $0.04.

450M$ gross billings ensi vuodelle vahvistettiin edelleen.

3 tykkäystä

Hmm mahtoiko NEL astua nyt Ginerin reviirille

Ehtikö kukaan kuunnella webcastia?

Edit: Otin nämä keskusteluista poimitut asiat pois kun scripti on tuossa alla ja otin suoraan scriptistä poimintoja.

7 tykkäystä

Ensimmäinen target price osarin jälkeen:

In a report released today, Colin Rusch from Oppenheimer assigned a Buy rating to Plug Power, with a price target of $23.00. The company’s shares closed last Monday at $20.31.

According to TipRanks.com, Rusch is a top 100 analyst with an average return of 35.2% and a 58.0% success rate. Rusch covers the Industrial Goods sector, focusing on stocks such as American Superconductor, SolarEdge Technologies, and Westport Fuel Systems.

14 tykkäystä

Callin scripti tässä

“we also built 13 hydrogen fueling stations this quarter, again, another record.”

“First, on on-road vehicles, we have dealt with Linde, Doosan, and Lightning. We also have a fourth large OEM, which we are deploying vehicles for testing in Europe.”

“Partnerships or ventures with large OEMs, which may require some product modifications on our part for large-scale business and standard products for integrators and low-volume applications.”

“Now, the reason we can do is, because of high density of our ProGen module, which is 30% to 45% higher power density than our competitors, making our products easier for customers to integrate into existing battery electric vehicles, very similar to our approach to electric forklift truck.”

“Fuel cell and hydrogen, because of energy and gravimetric density, have the same advantages in the market, as on-road vehicles versus batteries. Example that I have been told from both the logistic customer and the data center customer, that the regional restrictions are real. For example, California is informing customers that they must prepare to have 96 hours of backup power, because of the instability of the electrical grid”

" We’re in the design phase for 2 of our new hydrogen plants, and expect completion by the end of 2022."

“And with the election now over, we expect an announcement will be forthcoming for the location.”

" But just to kind of give some guidance, we do expect to break ground on 2 of these plants, one with a Apex, one by Brookfield, by the end of the year."

" I probably would be thinking about 30% of the financing being equity and 70% being debt." @DayTraderXL tämä kohta kiinnostaa varmasti sinua, s.2 scriptistä 1. kysymys

Tämä stationary poweriin liittyen
“And that, we do have both customers in the data center space, as well as in the logistics space, which quite honestly, the issues in California really has accelerated some of that discussion. I think it’s a business that you probably won’t see meaningful revenue through 2022.”

Tämä Craig Irwinin (Roth) suusta " I know, your guidance is more conservative, and you tend to give conservative guidance. " allekirjoitan kyllä tämän myös.

“But if I then take a step back, I think one of the critical items is announcement of the next pedestal customer. Jose Crespo, our EVP of sales is actually working with 4 customers, 2 in Europe, 2 in North America, who could be that next pedestal customer.”

“And if I was monitoring Plug, that’s an item I would monitor. I would be monitoring – are they making an announcement for large scale backup power systems and on-road vehicles, that could be meaningful to 2024 revenue.”

“So I think, again, this next quarter is going to be incredibly stronger in the fourth quarter of 2019. And we see the first quarter of 2021 increasing dramatically from the first quarter of 2020. So we’re seeing the progress all on.”

Tämä tehtaan “väri” hieman pettymys. Nyt pitäisi paukut laittaa vihreisiin tehtaisiin! Toki hyvä alku ja toki tämäkin vähentää päästöjä.

"Thank you for that color. My next question is about UHG and the Tennessee plant. So can you just give us a little bit of color? I guess, color is a good pun. Do you consider this a green/gray/blue hydrogen plant, given that you are using waste hydrogen of one of oil and chemicals plants?

“Sure. So, one, what do I consider. I think it’s fair to consider it a blue hydrogen plant. And just – and I think, Craig, you mentioned I’m conservative about definitions. And I think a pure green hydrogen plant is one that is coming from hydro power, coming from wind, coming from solar. Even though, look, the plant in Tennessee, that hydrogen would just be burned off in the air if we weren’t using it.”

“Jose Crespo, our EVP of Sales is working with 2 potential pedestal store customers in the United States, 2 in Europe. And we still expect that we’ll have 1 done by yearend.”

Amazonin ja Walmartin warreista
"So the warrants actually get charged against each order. So the – I know, this may be hard for folks understand. The higher warrant charges, which is a non-cash event is actually a real positive. So one of our pedestal customers in the third quarter actually exceeded the tranche, where the warrant price gets reset. And the warrant price is reset at a rate that’s actually 10 times higher in cost and the original warrants, which is a real good item and those warrants strike price is over $13 versus the original strike price of $1.19. Yeah, why it really says with these increased warrant charges is that you’ve seen increased purchases of our products.

And I think, from the last time, I would highlight the fact that the stock is doing so well, and the fact that those strike price for the warrants is now, 11, 12 times higher, it ultimately means less dilution for shareholders. So, though, it’s somewhat hard to seeing, maybe in GAAP financials all the time, this less dilution is really, really good. And something we negotiated 3 years ago to protect shareholders, and it’s really proven now. So Paul, would you like to add to this from an accounting point of view?"

Tuossa yllä selittyy EPS GAAP - proforma EPS ero

Tässä alla Andy hieman vihjailee backup power asiakkaiden nimistä.
“I think, Chris, that’s a good question. And I think there are some differences. One, I think you’re absolutely right, that the initial ramp of that business will be more associated with large customers or large earners of data centers, yeah, I think we know some of those names. And I think that’ll be the initial success. But, as well as maybe with some of our present logistic customers, I think, ultimately, large scale diesel generators are going to have more and more, I’ll say, policy pressure and customer pressures”

“So I’ll give an example, when National Hydrogen Day, which I’m sure everyone is here celebrated, I was on a panel with Microsoft. And Microsoft explained why hydrogen was the right solution for data centers in the future, and they’re believing that it’d be cost competitive with internal combustion engines by 2024. I think it’s a – those sort of bullish notions, I also hear from our logistic customers.”

Hyvä lainaus kokonaisuutta ajatellen.

"Yeah, I think there’s an interesting point, Jed. When I think about it, so I think, I’m going to answer your question too. First, I think you hit on this very valuable point. So 2 other points. One thing about storage, there has been significant work done by people like Jack Brouwer, UC Irvine, by the DOE, that kind of shows that from an energy density point of view, from a cost point of view, that after about 11 hours, hydrogen is in that storage medium. In a place like California, you not only have to think about inter-day storage, but long-term seasonal storage.

I think the other point I would make is that, when you take think about short-term storage, and you’re creating it for to hydrogen, for example, in California. The value of that hydrogen as a fuel, which is really needed, is actually more valuable than going back into the grid, or being pumped in the natural gas line. So I think when you think about fuel cells and hydrogen for the long-term storage, hydrogen is really clear. But for short-term storage, it actually makes – create more value using hydrogen as a fuel, B2B using hydrogen and just creating it back to electricity and putting it on the grid."

" Amit Dayal

Understood. Thank you for that. And do you have a sense of maybe sort of the margin impact from these plants, getting to full utilization in the 2024 period? Yeah.

Andy Marsh

So a full utilization, we expect these plants to be in line with a 30% to 35% gross margin."

" Moses Sutton

Oh, thank you very much, for squeezing me in at the end here. And apologies if I missed this before, but did you provide 2021 adjusted EBITDA target? Or just even if you could speak more generally, is the EBITDA margin going to be above 15%, are we looking at $60 million $70 million range off of the $450 million in billings? Any sort of directional view there would be quite helpful. Thanks."

" Paul Middleton

We haven’t given that guidance, Moses. I mean, I think – I guess, at this point, what I can tell you is it will definitely be higher. But we haven’t really provided that. We know – we see in the pipeline, the sales are going to be higher, and we see continued progression and margin profiles for all our product line. So we’re very confident that we will continue to be accretive and go up. But we haven’t given a specific range yet."

13 tykkäystä

Eli tänä vuonna tulee vielä yksi pedestal customer (tyyliin Walmart/Amazon) kaikella todennäköisyydellä.

Kiva istua kyydissä, olisin ehkä myynyt jos olisin ollut koneella 22$ piikin kohdalla mutta tämä lappu on 50-100 rangessa 2-3v sisään joten mikäs tässä ollessa.

20 tykkäystä

16 tykkäystä

Kova korotus kyllä tuo minkä @sillinkutoja laitto

November 10, 2020 06:11 AM ET (BZ Newswire) – News
HC Wainwright & Co. maintains Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG) with a Buy and raises the price target from $14 to $30.

15 tykkäystä

Edit: tähän kaikki targetit

11/10/2020 Roth Capital Boost Price Target Buy $14.00 ➝ $22.00

11/10/2020 Craig Hallum Reiterated Rating Buy $14.00 ➝ $26.00

11/10/2020 Oppenheimer Boost Price Target Outperform $13.00 ➝ $23.00

11/10/2020 HC Wainwright Boost Price Target Buy $14.00 ➝ $30.00

11/10/2020 B. Riley Boost Price Target Buy $18.00 ➝ $24.00

11/10/2020 Barclays price target buy $13.00-> $21.00

26 tykkäystä

Hieman yleistä pohdiskelua siitä, mitä Plugin positiivinen skenaario voisi tarkoittaa osakkeen arvon kannalta:

Jos Plugin osake olisi 2-3 vuoden sisään 50-100$ rangessa, se tarkoittaisi kai sitä, että vetystrategiat ympäri maailman etenevät vauhdilla ja Plug on markkinoiden kärkitekijä tai yksi niistä.

Jos asiat etenisivät tähän malliin, mikä mahtaa olla Plugin potentiaali 5-10 vuoden sisällä? Olettaisin, että jos vety yleistyy jakeluverkkojen yms. osalta, niin kyseessä on muutos, joka ruokkii itseään. Vedyn edut sähköön nähden ovat tiedossa ja vaikka akut kehittyvät, olettaisin että vedyn etujen osalta se vain kaventaa sähkön takamatkaa, ei poista sitä.

Optimitilanteessa vety ja sähkö olisivat tasavertaisia vaihtoehtoja henkilöautoissa, kuten on ollut aiemmin bensiini ja diesel. Tässä segmentissä vedyn etuna ainakin polttoaineen jakelun nopeus ja kantama. Sähkön etuna, mahdollisesti polttoaineen hinta (jos voi ladata itse).

→ 2-3v sisään 50-100$ → 5-10v sisään 200-500$? Pitäisi ihan laskea Teslankin kautta, mitä teknologian tuotteistaminen premium automalleiksi voisi tuottaa. Voisiko Plug valmistaa itse auton Teslan tapaan vai onko Plugin rooli vain tuottaa teknologiaa autovalmistajille?

3 tykkäystä

PLUG ei ikinä tule tekemään henkilöautoja, voi toimittaa komponentteja autofirmoille mutta that’s it.

Tähän liittyen, tuo osarissa puhuttu “European OEM” olisi mielenkiintoista tietää, tod.näk. lienee joku raskaan liikenteen toimija?

Bull-skenario on se että transformaatio vetyyn tapahtuu nopeammin kuin yleisesti odotetaan, raskas liikenne, logistiikka ja backup powerit siirtyvät vetyyn nopeammin ja uusia käyttökohteita löytyy.

PLUGin pitäisi tosiaan saada joku iso pedestal-asiakas Euroopasta kenen kanssa alkaa rakentamaan verkkoa koska se on kaiken a ja o tulevaisuutta ajatellen.

6 tykkäystä

Hei nostaisin tätä vielä hieman takaisin keskusteluun kun tekisi mieli ehkä sijoittaa vetyyn jollain tavalla mutta vähän hirvittää… Miten näette, että PLUG:in liiketoimintamalli tervehtyy? Eikös tässä nyt olla toistaiseksi sellaisella uralla, että 2024 saatava 250M$ EBITDA:sta tuo ‘I’ niistää about ihan kaiken ennen kuin nettotulokseen päästään?
Nyt kun instikoilla taitaa olla kaikki valta lisää rahoitusta jossain kohtaa vaativaan firmaan ja toimarikin myy pää märkänä niin eikös tässä ole realistinine mahdollisuus että tämä teknologia jatkaa jossain vaiheessa elämäänsä eri Y-tunnuksen alla ja minun kaltaiseni bullero jää siinä kohtaa rannalle?
Toki tämä voi ratketa esim. jos Bidenin 2000 miljardin potista riittää tuhti siivu nollakorkolainaa PLUG:ille tjsp…

Tällä hetkellä total liabilities about 800M$, jos tuosta laskee 10% korolla niin 80M$ olisi korko per vuosi, Q3:ssa korkokustannukset 17M$ eli kyllä tuossa saa velka vielä kasvaa paljon ettei käyttökatteella sitä pystyttäisi kattamaan.

Tärkeintä on että myynti kasvaa paljon nopeammin kuin velka.

8 tykkäystä

Colin Ruschin kommentteja (Oppenheimer)
“As investors look for exposure to hydrogen vehicle growth, we believe PLUG is best positioned to benefit from all key areas in the supply chain with differentiated, commercially proven technologies,” the 5-star analyst said. “We believe valuation is the biggest question for investors as the market negotiates growth multiples in the context of potentially stable tax policy and historically low interest rates. Given the scale of the opportunity and PLUG’s IP portfolio, we are raising our PT multiple in line with disruptive technology peers and current market dynamics as we maintain our constructive stance on shares.”

14 tykkäystä

No joo, tuohan se nyt mietityttääkin kun skaalataan eteenpäin. Q3 EBITDA oli 24M$ ja korot 17M$? Haarukoin tällaista osarin pohjalta, eikä tämä ainakaan hyvältä näytä.

Mikä olisi siis tie ulos lease- mallista? Mitä missaan?

Edit: siis tämän bullrunin lisäksi :smile:

2 tykkäystä

Eikö plug pelaa anneilla vielä jatkossakin? Oleellinen asia, jos anti tehdään esim. $30 kurssilla, niin pääomaa saadaan kerättyä aivan eri kertoimella kuin aiemmin.

En ole kylläkään tehnyt laskelmaa, minkälaista dilutaatiota tämä keissi vielä kestää. Osakkeita on 415 M. Eli 10% annilla 30$ kurssilla tekisi uutta pääomaa 1200 M$ ja sillähän maksaisi 800 M$ velat pois ja jäisi kassaan vielä 400 M$?

Oleellista plugissa vaikuttaa olevan siis se, että yhtiön omalla osakkeella rahoitetaan koko matka tulosvaiheeseen ja osakkeen arvostus tulee olemaan täysin ratkaiseva tekijä siinä, minkälainen yhtiön kannattavuus tulee olemaan. Tällä hetkellä osakekurssin kehitys on täysin ideaali yhtiölle rahoituksen kannalta. Kyseessä on kierre joka ruokkii itseään, Plugin pitää nyt osata käyttää tämä syntynyt sauma.

5 tykkäystä

No varmaan jatkossa, mutta Rändy Marsh hiljattain kehuskeli, että nyt on paalua niin peevelisti, ettei ihan äkkiä tartte rahaa kerjätä. Viimeisin anti tosin oli siinä 12 kieppeillä, niin siinä mielessä tämän nousun jälkeen olisi luultavasti paikallaan taas laittaa kättä alle…

1 tykkäys