Seeing Machines (SEE)

Paul selittää tuloksesta klo 10 meidän aikaa tänään, elikkä ihan juuri.

Cenkokselta tuli päivitys ja nostivat tavoitehintaakin. Saakohan rapsaa laittaa tänne? Oli ilmainen, mutta sposti piti antaa…

1 tykkäys

Naah, raportin laidassa oli kielto jakaa. Halukkaat voi ladata Cenkoksen sivuilta.

3 tykkäystä

This came quickly, looks like the refresh brings Seeing Machines

What gives? Seems like a legit blog post site with all links leading to “spy shots” etc. Hope you can back this up with some dw etc announcement.

Good for SEE if it is true, plenty of room in dms market for all :slight_smile:

1 tykkäys

Oh, you are referring to the latest design win from SM, almost two years ago.

What makes you think this specific rns is BMW and not e.g. Mercedes? And any idea why the OEM chose a new Tier1?

1 tykkäys

Ford announced Blue Cruise, handsfree driving on 100,000 miles of North American roads

I have always been taught to read the small text first.

“Software available - - at a later date.”

So this software refers to SM software, right? Do you know why only hardware is ready but software is not?

3 tykkäystä

Delayed because of bad quality? I have heard this before…:smiley:

Finalising HD mapping.

2 tykkäystä

I think you will have to look elsewhere for delays due to bad quality. The Seeing Machines hardware has been installed for months.

Ford have not released the final version of their BlueCruise “system” that will need the HD mapping and the actual driving software. The eye tracking is already working and well tested I can assure you!

3 tykkäystä

Any sources for these points?

What I’m about to write next is simply because I genuily want to understand this case and hear your thougths. And I also challenge you to analyze SM (or its competitors) more deeply, because it would also help me on my investment case. So no need to take this offensively.

Why do you think SM has not won any design wins now almost in two years? What do you think are the biggest risks concerning SM business case? Finally, what makes you think SM is the leading software vendor atm?

A few words about your LSE forum. Overall I think the forum is not very analytical (collectively). It’s mostly about hyping the share price, barking at Smart, praising Colin for his outstanding pr, wondering on SM lousy pr, whining lack of $$ rns etc. If there were respect on competitors and better focus on the actual matter, I bet you’d (you= all forum investors, individuals may be on top of things) know your company better and had better understanding on its future.

This being said, I’m very well aware that you still may have bet the best horse. Time will tell.

14 tykkäystä

Kesa, the knowledge isn’t on LSE or Telegram. Public boards only get fragments.

1 tykkäys

Hi Kesa. I am sure that the wins that Seeing Machines were expecting have just been converted to wins for others. But as you have seen they have not appeared at Smart Eye, Cipia, or the other minor DMS either. Instead, they have signed up with Qualcomm, or OmniVision who have licensed our code. It looks like Magna and Gentex will also be producing mirrors with our kit on board. Seems all that time spent optimising for hardware (see the 3 pillars) is going to pay off. We may not know how many design wins for a generic DMS mirror,since these are licensed just like ARM, we will get paid per device for many streams For Qualcomm, look at their 20 OEMs. Don’t forget Paul also says that separately, we will start production in 20 models by the end of 2022: https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/amp/news/940243

3 tykkäystä

“will all design wins will be announced to the market?”

“…—… we still bid for the work normal way regardless how our software is distributed.”

2 tykkäystä

@TheLongestShot thanks for contributing!

Well, I don’t know what SM has been expecting, but at least Smart has won many dws in the past two years. So I guess some of them (SM expected wins) have been converted to Smart.

I bet SM has close to zero dms involvement in these 20 OEMs (which is QC Snapdragon gen 3). But something to look after is Snapdragon gen4, where SM could increase its share in the dms business.

What makes you say so? Some comments from your camp were that it’s because no other vendor has installed dms into rear view mirror. Below is an example from PUX, which shows the number of options.

I’d say this is rather low number or how do you see it?

If true, are you satisfied the way how SM management communicates about this (=nothing concrete)? Again if true and I was the CEO, I would find a way to announce this to investors.

6 tykkäystä

These companies are working with most HW agnostic Tier2s (Seeing, Smart, Jungo, Cipia…). So this is nothing unique. Procurement decision making is with OEM’s and Tier1’s, not with these semiconductor/HW players.

Yes, we know that your main source of information is possibly being paid by the company. Most non-independent “independent analyst” that I have seen so far. His task therefore is to pump up SM in the media, helping Seeing in establishing a position at the markets etc.

So as a shareholder you might want to view this from different perspectives. This kind of biased information source could easily lead you to think all kinds of “exclusivity QC SUPER STONK SEEING” things that are not actually correct. See that quoted comment at the beginning of this post :slight_smile:

I would like to see you doing some own considerations about Seeing as investment case: what annual returns are you currently expecting and based on what? For SmartEye I can justify the investment case with numbers and conservative assumptions. Can you do it for Seeing? Then we could start comparing investment cases and not penis sizes like now.

btw. SmartEye had about a dozen models in production at the end of Q4/2020. Some models of course very limited volumes, but there should be some higher volume models at BMW…

28 tykkäystä

Yes, but I fear Seeing Machines are never the fastest to announce. Tied up in NDAs. Or, since the contracted volume is insignificant, not worth announcing - this may be the case with the new L3 launches in Japan 100 or 1000 vehicles. If course with only a small contract, if it didn’t progress, then we could lose the bigger models to a competitor.

3 tykkäystä

So Smart Eye is not the only one having bad quality software?