Seeing Machines (SEE)

Tim, you guys are as obsessed with Colin as LSE. He is only one source of information, albeit a good one. But not the only one…

Anyway, EQS is out soon so you should be happy as it apparently is a Smarteye win?

3 tykkäystä

You won’t like the answer - Colin :wink: explained this in Nov 2019 it was led field for us. But the technical constraints of DMS running in the mirror are huge - or rather ‘tiny’ and they must be < 3 W because of the sun, heating, lack of space or ventilation?
With a software solution, this is only possible on low power chips (slow) so may not sustain 30fps,or only at 1 mega pixel. This would be too slow for higher level functions in detecting tiredness. (sacades and even some blinks etc) this would mean head position and PERCLOS to detect drowsiness which is poor. With the HW optimisation higher resolution and frame rate can enable higher functions to properly detect distraction, impairment and drowsiness

3 tykkäystä

Yes this is a Ford problem, seems the 12v battery charging was affected by software bug - hardly a SEE issue

2 tykkäystä

Of course when SEYE had a good hardware chip the mirror is available. But AIS runs on a chip that consumes 10 W. That newest technology is too darn hot

2 tykkäystä

DMS is not turned on yet, why?

How do you know they dont have?

And Smart Eye is not? OK! :smiley:

https://order.smarteye.se/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Key-Features-AIS12.pdf
https://order.smarteye.se/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Key-Features-AIS6.pdf

“Software solution”, 1 or 2 MPixel resolution, 60fps.

Whole package (bluetooth etc included) consumes under 0,5A * 12,5V = 6,25W of power (how much under is not specified).

I cannot believe that the required number is so low. Modern Apple Macbooks run (passively) at 20W. Mobile devices can produce continuous 10-15W of thermal load (when gaming or doing something intensive) without burning our hands.

Obviously lower consumption is better and will be make the engineering slightly easier but I dont think anything over 20W causes too drastic issues.

6 tykkäystä

Thanks for clarifying the specification. So 6W gives 60 fps at 1MPixel.

But due to automotive wanting to not have their devices having short lives, they require them not to fail when cooking in the sun, so if they say 3W they mean 3W

2 tykkäystä

Well 6,25W is the input power requirement, non necessarily the Thermal Design Power (TDP). Power requirement is what the system could consume during very short period (milliseconds) and TDP is what gets consumed over longer period of time. But how much of a difference that makes, I dont know. And I dont know if the 3W of SE product is Input Power or TDP.

Another similar one is the voltage regulation. SEYE AIS product can have input voltage between 9-36V. To have such a wide rande of possible input some kind of regulator is required and these are not typically too energy efficient. That is even if input is optimal for the regulator, in this case 12V. Obviously nice to put regulator in AIS for easy installation but its different case for bare DMS.

Tldr: hard to say what software DMS consumes but when it’s packaged as AIS it totals to <6,25W.

If they dont want chips to cook why put the chip in the worst place in the car in first place where its hot and moist :smiley: .

Actually its really hard to even believe they would put the chip inside mirror. In the world where DMS is mandatory: Failure in insulation → your car is a brick, lose a mirror → car is a brick, 10 years of cooking in the sun → car is a brick… But anyway interesting scenario to think about.

E: pardon me. I thought we were talking about side mirrors, not rear vew mirrors! Yea rear view mirror should be fine with proper cooling element

1 tykkäys

How many degrees are we talking about 3W vs 6W ? I have no clue what you guys are talking about .

3W chip could run maybe 5 degrees hotter than air around and 6W chip could run 10 degrees.

So if you put them both inside mirror where its 70 degrees in the summer the first one will be 75 and second one 80 degrees in celcius.

2 tykkäystä

They cannot be that stupid when they provide this?

1 tykkäys

And in what temperature are components in critical heat ? Can 5 degrees really matter ?
Edit: Doesn’t AC cool that down ? No need for that electronic when parked.

1 tykkäys

Modern desktop processors can handle 90-100 degrees long term.

In Timo’s video you can see the heatsink is pretty hefty. Imagine gluing that heatsink in to you phone and worrying if it overheats when browsing internet. (You would not worry, because you know your phone can handle the 10W of heat it produces without any heatsink.)

3 tykkäystä

Ladies, Gents these are not my rules they are automotive standards - “and yeh, canna change the Laws of Physics”

1 tykkäys

Your dozen in production models/Design Wins are mostly BMW. That is for the same part that happens to be in a different “models” in SEE, that may be considered a program win.
EQS (and MAYBACH) , seem just like the S-Class that you have been claiming so recently. So nice of our senior team to toast all your “wins” on Linked in.
I won’t attempt to compete against your spreadsheets when they are based on shadows of former wins

3 tykkäystä

You could just read the likes on this Magna post?

2 tykkäystä

I’ll whisper this:
Seeing Machines and Smart Eye will not get design wins like in previous times for many future models - customers will just implement rear view mirror solutions. There won’t be NRE (early development money) just a licence fee when the mirror is installed.

Now, your share price is doing quite well ATH, so why not try cashing in some and rebalance while you are ahead of the market’s knowledge. Seeing Machines is still vastly undervalued - the market doesn’t yet understand how Qualcomm, Magna mirrors, Gentex mirrors and Veoneer have changed DMS and Seeing Machines potential

1 tykkäys

Elikkä heidän mielestään Smart on nyt räikeästi yliarvostettu ja Seeing aliarvostettu?

Seeingin kannalta koko tilanne muuttuu ratkaisevaksi Qualcommin, Veoneerin ja parin peräpeilin takia?

Pyynnöstä huolimatta Minkäänlaisia laskelmia ei ole pystytty tarjoamaan väitteiden tueksi?

Ok.

kuva

9 tykkäystä

Ihan huikeeta viihdettähän tämä on DMS-sijoittajalle! Vauhtia ja vaarallisia tilanteita. :smiley:

Kuten Masse joskus tokaisi, tämä on hupia josta mielellään maksaa!

Kysytääs tällainen yleisluontoinen kysymys, eli missä tapauksessa sellaiset henkilöt, jotka ovat sijoittaneet Smarttiin, voisivat kuvitella “vaihtavansa DMS-hevosta” ja sijoittavansa Seeingiin?

Nuo design winnit on kait tässä keississä ollut se juttu, joka antanut näkyvyyttä ja informaatioetua.

Sitten kun Seeing johtajat hankkivat merkittäviä määriä osakkeita omalla rahalla.

5 tykkäystä