Avaan ketjun kiinnostavalle yhtiölle nimeltä EHang (NASDAQ: EH). Alla on yleistä tietoa yhtiöstä ja sen mahdollisuuksista. Riskejäkin tietysti on, vaikka en tehnyt otsikkoa niille tähän avaukseen. Keskustellaan niistä vaikka ketjussa.
About Ehang (ehang.com)
EHang(NASDAQ: EH) is a world’s leading autonomous aerial vehicle (“AAV”) technology platform company. Our mission is to make safe, autonomous and eco-friendly air mobility accessible to everyone.
EHang provides customers in various industries with AAV products and commercial solutions:
- air mobility (including passenger transportation and logistics),
- smart city management and
- aerial media solutions.
- EHang was founded in December 2014
- The company is located in the Cayman Islands, with its principal office in Guangzhou
- Huazhi Hu is the current Chairman and CEO, and founded EHang’s predecessor company (Beijing Yihang Chuangshi Technology Ltd) in 2005 which specialized in aviation command and control systems.
- The company unveiled the world’s first passenger-grade AAV in January 2016 (the EHang 184) at the (CES).
- The major development was in March 2018 when EHang delivered the world’s first passenger-grade AAV in China for testing, training and demonstration purposes with the EHang 216 model.
- The 216 is currently the core product, and during FY2020 the company has released specialized variations for firefighting and heavy-lifting aerial logistics.
- Market Cap ~ 2 000 musd (16.1.2021)
- With the airplane and helicopter market dominated by Western players, China sees drones as an opportunity to get a foothold in this segment of aviation.
- EHang is strategically positioned with its passenger AAVs undergoing tests and marketing its products around the world.
- Ehang needs to obtain regulatory approval for commercial operations. The company has commented that it will receive an airworthiness certificate for the EHang 216 AAV in 2021, and start to provide commercial services in China.
- EHang predicts Urban Air Mobility (UAM) global logistic market could reach US$46 billion by 2023 (an estimated CAGR of 740%).
- China is projected to be the largest regional market in the world in 2023, accounting for 45% of the global logistics UAM market.
Details on the EHang 216
- Unlike manually controlled unmanned aerial vehicles, Ehang’s intelligent AAVs can fly and operate autonomously.
- Cost is an estimated list price US$300,000 each
- Designed flight time with maximum payload (220kg) is 21 minutes - so this limits travel distance and allows for little redundancy. Improved models are under development though!
- Time to full charge is 120 minutes.
- Dual seating.
- During the 3rd quarter, EHang sold 23 EHang 216 passenger grade drones, with 2 of these being customized for firefighting, leading to over 100% revenue growth YOY.
- Gross margins saw strong leverage, improving to around 59%
- The cash position: $30 mil in cash at the end of the 3rd quarter.
Q3/20 Earning Highligts
@JukkaM jakoi hyvää tietämystään Ehangista ja muutenkin alasta toisessa ketjussa. Liitän viestin alle: