Seeing Machines (SEE)

Off the topic, but…

Tesla is not in my portfolio. However, I do consider Musk as one of the most innovative and forethoughtful company executives in the world (but not perfect). I think he has a genuine will to make world a better place.

Then why is he killing his customers? He could have put in a proper DMS long ago but that would be like saying FSD will never happen, well guess what FSD is a fraud and Autopilot isnt covering every risk, but he let’s his customers believe it, so they die.

He wants to make Mars a better place!

Kesa,
Do you believe that Smart have 88 design wins that will make it to SOP?

The JLR (apparent wins) several years ago are not there. I know Timo states their owners had problems hence the delay. But are the exact number of wins quoted at the time, i think 13 still going to happen?

Smart still say 88 wins and no changes to the numbers given years ago. With what has happened over the past few years its hard to believe OEMs are still to produce what they thought they were going to.

1 tykkäys

So Elon is a serial killer because he did not choose eye-tracking dms and Seeing Machines as its supplier? Ok, I can understand where your frustration comes from.

This is Seeing Machines discussion, not Smart Eye, so I will answer on a general level. Majority of SM / SE company values come from the expected rfq pipeline and not from the design wins they have already won. Hence, I don’t bother myself too much on this specific topic.

However, I do admit the more there are models in production, the higher confidence one should have on its race horse. But then again, it’s not only about what’s already in the production but also about the design wins in the past 2-3 years (soon to be in production). That makes a big difference between SM and SE. Let’s see if SM new product strategy will bring results or if they are left behind for good.

1 tykkäys

Kesa,
You know that if i asked the question on Smart 88 design wins on the Smart board it would be removed.

So I understand your reluctance to be specific and only answer in general terms. You raised the comment about investing in honest leaders but the fact that Smart keep highlighting 88 design wins as a marketing ploy is somewhat less than honest?

SEE have stated 30 models in production by mid 2023. If thats the case thats impressive.
I guess strategy of Software only (Merc, BMW) , chip if you want (Ford, FCA) and IP license (Omni) added to Qualcomm baking SEE IP into Snapdragon4… may or may not work.

1 tykkäys

Never seen such a detailed explanation of what it takes…

1 tykkäys

Yes, and the comments are insightful too:

Uusimmassa see-videossa vilahtaa bemarin ja mersun lisäksi mini ja seat. Aikaisemmin see:n materiaalissa on näkynyt ainakin audi.

Voikohan tuosta vetää jotain johtopäätöksiä tulevista winneistä?

Video: Occula - YouTube

1 tykkäys

I would doubt it. SEE actually own and test a tesla but that hasn’t happened. It’s difficult to work out which oems SEE and indeed Seye are working with.

1 tykkäys

Seeing Machinesin valvovat silmät Shellin rekkoihin. Shellillä Cenkosin mukaan noin 20 000 yksikköä.

6 tykkäystä

More good news. Veoneer award from Ford for ‘their’ DMS.
Of course we know that SEE provided the DMS.

3 tykkäystä

Q3 tulos myöhästyy kuukaudella. Kellään hajua mitkä ovat yleisimmät syyt myöhästymiselle? Onko Australiassa ollut niin paha tilanne covidin takia?

Ei ole Q3 vaan koko vuoden tulos (fiskaali 2021), joka siis heillä loppuu kalenterivuoden Q2. Eli tulos ulos lähes 5kk myöhemmin, kun vuosi päättynyt :thinking:

Toki sieltä tuli ennakkotietoja luvuista jo elokuussa…

2 tykkäystä

Hyvä korjaus!

”The Company expects the results to be in line with its Trading Update, published on 3 August 2021.”

Hämärää. Tuosta voisi tulkita että audit-firmalla jotain ongelmia. Ehkä.

In the meantime

1 tykkäys

Kova yhteistyö qualcomin ja BMW:n kanssa. SEE:llä on hyvä mahdollisuus iskeä smartin ja bemarin väliin lisää kiiloja.

Colin’s take:

PS. Cipia on muistaakseni ollut paljon yhteistyössä mobileyen kanssa. Cipian isosta ei ole kuulunut eli olisko takeover tulossa… Molemmat Israelista…

2 tykkäystä

Isoja uutisia! Yhtiö hakee 40 m usd uutta rahoitusta, joista 10 m tulee Magnalta! Erittäin bullish näkemys tulevasta tiedotteessa. Lisäksi magna voittanut 120 m usd:llä uusia/uuden dw:n/dw:itä. Yhtiö myös nostaa arviota omasta markkinaosuudesta. Nyt syödään smartin lounasta.

6 tykkäystä

Jään mielenkiinnolla odottamaan tarkempia perusteluita.

Tässähän uutisessa ei ollut paljoakaan uutta. Seeing Machines oli jo kesän lopussa bullish rfq pipelinen suhteen ja pohtivat jo silloin, että pitääkö tässä lähteä rahankeruureissulle. No nyt sille saatiin vahvistus.

Täysin uutta oli sen sijaan se, että nostivat acquisition kortin pöydälle. Joku voisi sanoa (not me), että ovat panikoimassa kun tuollaisia miettivät. Tämähän se oli nimittäin Seeing Machinesin palstalla se viesti, kun Smart osti Affectivan ja iMotionsin.

2 tykkäystä
1 tykkäys

Pian alkaa tapahtua.
Uusien OEMien tuotanto alkaa jo ensi vuonna.

“The Aftermarket business is thriving under the new leadership of Max and we are expecting this to continue as the direct and indirect sales channels are bolstered around the world and large multi-national companies recognise the impacts of installing Guardian technology, like Shell. In Automotive, more and more cars are being sold with our DMS technology installed across the world and we look forward to talking about more of our globally recognised OEM customers as new models start production over the coming year.”

Vahva usko partneroitumisen kautta tulevaan markinaosuuden kasvuun.

“The Directors continue to see accelerating momentum for the business, with current market conditions presenting a significant opportunity to capture an even greater market share as the market benefits from a number of structural tailwinds. The net proceeds of the recent fundraise will enable the Company to make the necessary investment in order to secure this opportunity and gives the Directors confidence, underpinned by its current ‘active RFQ’ pipeline, that Seeing Machines will have an increased market share by 2025”

1 tykkäys